Progress on skin barrier issue - Dermatologist appointment and biopsy

Replies
Views
freedancer

After struggling with trying to get my VA physician to address my skin issue under my barrier of my ileostomy, I was able to get an appointment with a dermatologist at our local clinic. He was attentive, listened, looked at my photo and my skin, and took a biopsy. He also gave me antibiotics and ordered a special gel to put on the lesions. He feels that it is some sort of autoimmune disorder and should have results within this next week. I was so relieved that this doctor took the time to actually see me and take the time to examine me. Hopefully, I will finally find out what is troubling me. I will update everyone when I get the results.

Bill

Hello Freedancer.

Thanks for posting this update. It sounds much more promising in terms of possible solutions.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,456 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

HenryM

That's great.  I hope that it all works out for you.

Hairdresser

Thank goodness you found a good doctor! I am glad to hear there may be a resolution for you! Best of luck

SallyK

Fingers crossed.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Casper9

So happy you found a doctor who listens! I hope it's nothing serious and he will have a solution for you soon. Good luck!

IGGIE

Good luck and keep us up to date.

TerryLT

There are some good doctors out there, who really do listen, and put in the extra time and thought that is required. Doctors who aren't yet jaded or burned out from our overloaded health care system. I'm so glad you found one!! It is like trying to get an audience with the Pope to get an appointment with my doctor right now. So happy for you!

Terry

dboyet10

Praying for you! Do keep us posted.