Bladder pain after rectum removal: Seeking advice

Replies
Views
JayOstomy777
Oct 15, 2022 8:31 pm

Hey all, I had my Barbie butt months ago but I still notice that I have bladder pain/discomfort. Has anyone else experienced this, especially other men? What should I do?

AlexT
Oct 16, 2022 12:48 am

Do you have an issue peeing?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

JayOstomy777
Oct 16, 2022 2:50 am
Reply to AlexT

Yes, Alex. It's hard to pee and it hurts a bit when I do.

AlexT
Oct 16, 2022 3:10 am

Call your doctor and possibly a urologist. I had a tough time peeing after surgery. They put me on Flomax and it fixed it right away.

Pirrip
Oct 16, 2022 1:06 pm

Like magic!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
JayOstomy777
Oct 16, 2022 7:38 pm
Reply to AlexT

Thanks, Alex. I'm going to book with a urologist.

imsafanwa
Oct 18, 2022 8:28 pm

+ One on the Flomax. The radiation for rectal cancer did damage to my bladder, so urination is another thing to manage. Interesting that the radiation folks encouraged me to show up with a full bladder, when possible, to minimize damage, I guess.

AlexT
Oct 18, 2022 8:45 pm
Reply to imsafanwa

Yep, come with a full bladder to minimize damage. Then, pee like a racehorse as soon as they get done zapping you.