Bladder pain after rectum removal: Seeking advice

Replies
Views
JayOstomy777

Hey all, I had my Barbie butt months ago but I still notice that I have bladder pain/discomfort. Has anyone else experienced this, especially other men? What should I do?

AlexT

Do you have an issue peeing?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,475 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

JayOstomy777
Reply to AlexT

Yes, Alex. It's hard to pee and it hurts a bit when I do.

AlexT

Call your doctor and possibly a urologist. I had a tough time peeing after surgery. They put me on Flomax and it fixed it right away.

Pirrip

Like magic!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
JayOstomy777
Reply to AlexT

Thanks, Alex. I'm going to book with a urologist.

imsafanwa

+ One on the Flomax. The radiation for rectal cancer did damage to my bladder, so urination is another thing to manage. Interesting that the radiation folks encouraged me to show up with a full bladder, when possible, to minimize damage, I guess.

AlexT
Reply to imsafanwa

Yep, come with a full bladder to minimize damage. Then, pee like a racehorse as soon as they get done zapping you.