Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,955 members
Next >

Bladder pain months after rectum removal

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

Hey all, I had my Barbie butt months ago but I still notice that I have bladder pain/discomfort. Has anyone else experienced this, especially other men? What should I do?

As in you have an issue peeing? 

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,955 members

AlexT wrote:

As in you have an issue peeing? 

Yes, Alex. It’s hard to pee and it hurts a bit when I do. 

Call your doctor and possibly a urologist. I had a tough time peeing after surgery. They put me on Flomax and it fixed it right away. 

like magic!

AlexT wrote:

Call your doctor and possibly a urologist. I had a tough time peeing after surgery. They put me on Flomax and it fixed it right away. 

Thanks, Alex. I’m going to book with a urologist 

+ one on the Flomax. The radiation for rectal cancer did damage to my bladder, so urination is another thing to manage. Interesting that the radiation folks encouraged me to show up with a full bladder, when possible, to minimize damage, I guess.

imsafanwa wrote:

+ one on the Flomax. The radiation for rectal cancer did damage to my bladder, so urination is another thing to manage. Interesting that the radiation folks encouraged me to show up with a full bla...

Yep, come with a full bladder to minimize damage. Then, pee like a race horse as soon as they get done zappin’ ya. 😂 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.