Has anyone tried Fixodent for ostomy leaks?

Replies
Views
jvanet19
Nov 01, 2022 11:35 pm

Has anyone tried false teeth glue for leaking? My ostomy nurse said she heard something about it at a seminar and I have leaks on one side!

Past Member
Nov 02, 2022 12:12 am

Orabase definitely works in clearing up minor skin issues, particularly when used with Stomahesive Powder.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

jvanet19
Nov 02, 2022 12:47 am

I've used that too but this is supposedly different and just wanted to check before I tried it! Thanks

Cplumber
Nov 02, 2022 1:40 am

Just don't mix up your mouth tube with your stoma tube!

Sorry someone had to say it!

Am I right

Carol N
Nov 04, 2022 9:44 pm

I have a urostomy. I was having a terrible time with leaks, sometimes having to change a bag 2 times in one day, 5 times in 3 days. I was constantly doing laundry! It was frustrating. I finally tried the barrier strips and haven't had an issue since!

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
Azdancer
Nov 06, 2022 8:40 pm

There is no reason for any ostomy to leak. There are so many products out there - concave, convex. You should never have a problem with leaking. If you can contact your supplier, they should be able to help you.

Pattycakes
Nov 08, 2022 5:22 pm

If your leak is along the seam of the bag...

Make sure you are not using heat to "set" the seal. I thought my Hollister bags were defective for months; when I stopped using heat, the problem disappeared.

Good luck!