Concerns about Greenish Output and Stomach Pain

Replies
Views
Abigail1

Hi all, my output has been greenish and a slimy-looking texture the past day and a half. I've also been experiencing a slight stomach pain and I've been feeling overall not so great, very fatigued. I'm also still just 2 months post-op, I'm wondering if I just have a bug or if it's something else?

stevesheid23

Took me a year to heal! Walk! I am still weak! M71

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,454 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Renfromtexas

Usually all green-looking material is either stomach bile or something you ate.

Bronxcheer

It also could be signs of being dehydrated as all your fluids are going into your bag, and not being absorbed by your body. Try to eat starchy foods at least 3 times a day, and eat little meals throughout the day. This worked for me and helped firm up my discharge into my pouch. If you need more info, please reach out to me. I was where you are for 1 1/2 months after the procedure and was moderately to severely dehydrated, and needed to get IV fluids. If you aren't feeling 100% achy, tired, etc., that could be it. Have you had labs done lately? That could tell your doctor more information also.

Axl

For me, it's bile when you haven't eaten much or stomach is empty, usually seen in the morning.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Justbreathe

I have an ileostomy and output almost always is the direct result of input - I once posted on here under the title

"50 Shades of Green"

I have come to learn white wine turns a lovely shade of green as it gets bagged (possible double entendre here)

I have also had pain but usually passes within a reasonable amount of time - I think it's a gas bubble - with spikes

Riva

Are you hydrated enough? If not, fatigue will surely get to you.