Seeking Opinions on Sexy Ostomy Underwear

Replies
Views
Past Member

Hi there ladies, I just wanted to bring up the topic of sexy underwear. I have a few questions. Do you girls miss the sexy underwear lingerie companies such as Anne Summers and La Senza offer? I've noticed there are a few companies out there that offer "sexy" ostomy underwear, but am I alone in thinking that the underwear on offer is pretty and, well, want for a better word, safe? The color schemes are bland. Do the designers of these companies believe that just because we have ostomies, we don't want out there hellava sexy underwear? Of course, it has to conceal and reveal at the same time. But if yas don't mind, ladies and men who want to see their ladies in some sexy, sexy attire, get back to me and let me know if I am the only one who thinks this way? Thank you xxx

beyondpar

If you don't mind, I would like to say that as a male ostomate, I welcome you girls to continue to wear your sexy underwear and don't hide the pouch at all. I am very comfortable with my pouch and want you to feel the same, and it really doesn't require hiding it with "Granny undies". In my opinion, the pouch doesn't take away any of your sexiness, but a bad pair of underwear can.

So on some occasions, you probably should wear the more supportive undies for the pouch. However, when it comes to sexy lingerie, wear the undies you wore before becoming an ostomate. I do find that traditional sexy female underwear I see in ads is such a male turn on, and there is no reason that just because you are an ostomate, you should change.

Just my 2 cents...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Eva2012

I absolutely agree, you would still want to wear sexy colors and pretty outfits . . . . maybe we should find out who designs these outfits and have a word, besides they are designing for us and we won't buy them if we don't like them!!!!

Past Member

Hi there, when I first got my pouch I was at the end looking for undies to support. I even tried the ostomy ones. Like the others said, you need to feel sexy. I know I do since I feel like I lost all sexiness after surgery and steroids. So, I wear the sexy ones when I want to feel sexy. Doesn't have to be for intimacy. Just for you to feel like a woman. I tape the bottom of the bag to the flange. Fold it under and tape. It can still fill up and give you the freedom to wear the undies (like the hipsters and such).

It works.

Good luck.

peter_saskatoon

I saw a website that sports sexy undies and swimwear:

http://living.stv.tv/fashion/181714-sexy-swimwear-for-colostomy-bag-wearers/

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
tine
After having my surgery, I came home and threw out all my lingerie...just didn't see the point in it filling my drawers up and replaced it all with "belly warmers" and "plain un-sexy" underwear. Wearing a nice silky bra and then some cotton belly warmers just doesn't have the desired effect. I just thought the days of feeling and wanting to be sexy for not only someone else but myself were gone.
Nearly 12 months down the line and I'm starting to realize that isn't the case...not sure if I would be able to be completely naked in front of a man. I'm single, so finding "the one" is the only way of knowing that. I was out shopping and bought myself a little negligee, why?...because even with my bag, I'm now wanting to feel and look feminine. So on days where I'm low, I will put it on to remind myself that I can be "girly"....I am sexy.
I have looked on the websites at the underwear and gone to the stoma fairs and understand where you are coming from...there is nothing that is made for us that you're able to say "wow...now that's sexy"....think it's time us sexy girlies spoke out.

xx
chrisology

OMG you are so right, I did the big hip-hugging drawers thing, like Bridget Jones wore lol, and still do if need be, but most of the time I like to wear much smaller underwear now than I did before just to make ME feel better and prove to myself I can still feel sexy. Well done, we so needed to talk about this xx.

beyondpar
Just some male FYI...........sorry gals as this subject excites me..LOL

After having attended the National Ostomy conference in the states in 2009, we had a fashion show of all the things you talk about and feel..........How do we, both men and women feel about clothing and underwear and for the women, feeling that extra bit of sexy.
Well let me tell you it was the hit of the conference, to see so many men and women baring it all in nice, attractive and sexy clothing.
It was there that I met two very interesting manufacturers (both ostomates and both young ladies) of all that you talk about......sexy underwear, as well as nice underwear for us men to wear.
In the states we have Ostomy Secrets and across the Atlantic you gals have Vanilla Blush. Look them both up and I'm sure you will find what you need.

If you go to www.vblush.com and www.ostomysecrets.com you will find some things I am certain you will find attractive.......

You know the journey is difficult unto itself, and after we realize it has saved us to some degree from a life of misery, we then want to get back in total or maleness and femaleness. And the inner clothing is a great starting point.
I hope you guys don't mind me in on this thread, but I thought this would help, as we all could use a lift every now and then..Michael
lottagelady

Oh my ... I haven't felt 'sexy' for years - despite being told that I am - I think if I wasn't wearing my black Bridget Joneses I would feel sort of insecure and ridiculous! You need to like yourself, I reckon, to wear those nice pretty things .... and I don't much really ...

Tiggy

I hope the fact that I do not have an ostomy and that I am 28 years young doesn't take away the importance of what I am about to say:

"Sexy" is a state of mind. Too often I think we allow Hollywood and popular culture to dictate to us when we should feel sexy and attractive, and when we should feel shame and embarrassment about ourselves and our bodies. I'm going to go out on a limb here and admit that I am very bisexual (although I have been married for years now, I still identify as having strong attractions to both genders). To me, and this is the truth, a woman is always at her most sexiest when she is really *feeling* it - when she is really in touch with her own brand of beauty, and doesn't offer apologies for any little "flaws" or differences about her form and appearance.

Additionally, I am overweight and have been this way for most of my adult life. Nonetheless, I still put on lacy sexy things quite frequently. Now, granted, no one sees them except for Tyler. But even if that weren't the case (and I remember vividly how it was being single and "looking"), if anyone had a problem with my voluptuousness, it would be just that: *their* problem, not mine. See what I mean? When you refuse to take other people's ideas of beauty as your own, you effectively gain personal power, and give the judgments of others back to them to deal with, so you can get on with enjoying your life and feeling good about you.

sherl1

Hi Tine, good to hear that you feel you can wear what you want to feel sexy, nothing wrong with that, does not matter what other people think.
I have looked at some of the ostomate sites for sexy underwear for men and women, and don't see why you don't wear what you used to before the operation.
I have had my urostomy all my life and it does not bother me, undies or whatever.
Merry Christmas. Mike.

Past Member

Thanks guys, that was some great feedback and confirmed I am not alone in thinking this. Thank you all for your replies. xxxx

Past Member
I have to wear those steel-belted underwear... Do they have those??...............
Past Member

I never even considered wearing granny panties after the surgery. I changed a few things around. I use a waist cincher as sexy lingerie to cover my pouch and keep it in place. Maidenform's seamless are my everyday faves. They are expensive but I can't stand panty lines. If they are too low like below the hip, they will make your pouch pop out.

Frederick's has my fave brand of control thongs with a high-waisted front panel (secures pouch and controls belly bulge) and thong in the back. I buy one size bigger on some of them because they are more comfortable.

http://www.fredericks.com/Wild_Side_Control_Thong/54024,default,pd.html?cgid=pa9

But the best sassy one of them all is Victoria's Secret gartered thong. To die for! Again, I buy a size larger and I support on the front panel.
http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265368403564 c=Page cid=1289999063676 pagename=vsdWrapper

livinnandlearnin

I know what you mean, ladies! I hate that stuff for ostomates. I still wear my thongs and g-strings, and if I feel like putting on lingerie, I have a few things that cover my abdomen/stoma. You can have sex while wearing it, and your man would still have access to everything!

gee07

Yes, we ladies do still feel the need to be sexy but a lot depends on how high the stoma is on one's tummy.
If it is placed high then you can't wear low pants, as the pants waistband will cut across the top of the bag.
Whereas French knickers can be sexy but the legs don't have elastic and then the bottom of the bags falls through.
So it's not an easy task for companies with the things we with stomas have to think about.
The money I have lost over the years when I have bought sexy underwear only to find that the fit is no good with the design. Thongs are the best for me as they still look sexy and they are higher in order to just cover the top of the bag.
Gee07

bmeup

Who is Bridget Jones?

Past Member
Bridget Jones is a hilarious character from book/s and movie/s and in the below clip I believe there is a shot of her "granny knickers"!        

And even more hilarious, according to the below article, there is a range of undies called Bridget Jones - priceless!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2119292/Marks--Spencers-sexy-Bridget-Jones-Flatter-Me-pants-hit-5-000-pairs-sold--making-fastest-selling-new-fashion-style.html

leah

I love my sexy underwear.
I love getting dressed up for intimate nights (or days).
I have some beautiful lacy crotchless underwear from Vanilla Blush.
That way I can hide my ileostomy bag and still look and feel sexy.
I even had sex and my partner didn't even know I had an ileostomy.
Go out and have fun, Leah.

almelia

I went for the big pants post-op but have since dug out any of my Ann Summers basques and suspender (garter) belts and stockings. I have one set set aside as I found the pouch wriggled out the bottom, so I am going to just sew a little stretch fabric pocket inside to keep it in place. My partner doesn't mind the pouch, but I need to be able to forget about it to be myself.