Tanning Bed Experience with a Pouch

In this discussion
Replies
Views
apatroy2023

Alright, friends.

Has anyone been in a tanning bed with the pouch? Is that even a possibility?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ben38

Haven't been on one myself but have read about others using them without any problems....I would go for the safer option, a spray tan myself, but that's just my view.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Cplumber

I've done it and haven't had any problems. The fun part is that you can use your ostomy bag as a shadow puppet or origami, kind of like those stickers they use to determine how tan you get.

HenryM

I'd recommend reading up on the UV rays of tanning beds first.  Just a note of caution.  

AlexT
Reply to Ben38

Spray tanning makes people look like a carrot.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
AlexT
Reply to Cplumber

I thought I was the only guy that used those little heart stickers on my hip. No way I'd use one now but those things are so nice to nap in.

Axl

They have been banned for a while here in Oz. Get a spray job for peace of mind. I have a friend who used to DIY spray at home. She would go out to the back paddock to hide from the kids, get naked, and her friend would give her a paint job. It was hilarious.

tmn68
Reply to AlexT

Totally agree!

IGGIE

G'day,

Axl is correct. They were banned in Australia a few years ago because people were getting skin cancer because of them. If you want a good color, get a friend to tell you a dirty joke and blush a lot, then keep remembering the joke all day.

Cplumber

Yeah cuz spraying chemicals on your body is probably way safer. Unless the ingredients are just natural carrot juices

weewee

Well, since I still have that machine from when my mom had tanning beds and was doing spray tans, it's not good because of the sugar that is used in the mix. What is the main active ingredient in spray tan?

Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA is the main active ingredient of a spray tan solution. Basically, it is a simple carbohydrate derived from sugar cane and sugar beets. DHA is a cosmetic substance which is used in almost every self-tanner.

imsafanwa

Wow. After 40 or so years of construction work, I avoid the sun whenever I can. You should see my big-ass straw hat. The skin on my arms...

Well, I wouldn't.

timcasey815

It's ok IV had my ileostomy 36 year's I go to gym 6 times a week,to work out,7days to tan. No problem, BE you're self, someone will come along, currently filling for divorce after 35 years ,175, lbs cut and muscular, need a good friend/someone that just don't care,🤗