Ostomy Pouches and Accessories: Share Your Reviews

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus

Hi, I wanted to ask everyone what ostomy pouches you use and why you decided to stick with that one. Also, do you use rings, barrier wipes, etc., and why. How do you rate your products used.

xnine

I use Hollister bag and flange (two-piece closed). That is what the hospital started on and it works for me. I have tried all the rings. I found Salts rings to last the longest. I often get 10+ days before I need to change. I had some bad skin once and tried a barrier wipe to clear it up. I use them all the time now.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

I use 1 piece Hollister #8371, I believe. Adapt/Hollister barrier ring. I've tried many other bags but cannot stand bags that don't have a cloth edge like Hollister does. I use Adapt remover spray and Adapt remover wipes. Coming from Hollister and my ostomy nurse, no need to use barrier wipes unless your skin is actually irritated. I use Adapt stoma powder if needed, but I think I'm still on the original bottle from over 2 years ago. I use Adapt lubricant/deodorizer maybe twice per bag. The more simple you keep it, the better it is in my opinion. I've tried samples from other companies, but the ones I use work for me. I will say I would not hesitate for a minute to use Eakin barrier rings, but they are a bit more messy to clean off my skin.

imsafanwa

I've settled on Hollister products, and the two-piece system works best for me. 18182 drainable pouch and 14306 wafers. Thanks to the companies' willingness to send samples, I've tried lots of brands and styles, and I find the wafers on a two-piece much easier to get centered on the stoma. This allows me to use a slightly smaller pre-cut opening. Always use 7731 adhesive remover; your skin will thank you. Skin irritation does happen sometimes, but Eakin cohesive slims help to clear it up quickly. Barrier wipes are a must.

Bryce

Hi - I have used the following Coloplast products for 12 years with good success. I make a one-piece out of the Barrier Pouch as they are adhesive-based. I prefer the pre-cut Barriers as I failed Arts & Crafts in Grade One. I have an Ileal Conduit Urostomy so your needs may differ. Coloplast also has, in my opinion, great customer service.

16485 SenSura Mio Flex Skin Barrier, Light Convex, 50mm flange size, pre-cut 25mm

12297 SenSura Mio Flex Uro Pouch Maxi Opaque 50mm

12037 Brava Protective Ring 27mm diameter / 2.5mm thick

12070 Brava Elastic Barrier Strips

12021 Brava Skin Barrier Wipes (occasionally)

12011 Brava Adhesive Remover Wipes

Best,

Bryce

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ben38

For the last month, I've been trialing a bag for a company for their design and product development team. So far, so good. I won't say who the company is.

For around the last 10-15 years, I've been using Salts 1-piece drainable Confidence natural bags. I've never had a leak in all that time. You know what they say, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

I use Stocare adhesive removal spray as my skin tears easily, so it makes life much easier. One can lasts me around 30 bag changes.

Dansac TRE Seals.

I don't believe in using barrier wipes/sprays all the time. I know some have skin problems and need to, but I think you only use something if there's a need to. Occasionally, I get sore skin like all of us do. I just rub a small amount of Sudocrem on my skin. It's always solved the problem for me.

I like to try samples of everything new that comes out, just so I can say I've tried it. Lol. Most have been problem-free.

tmn68

Hi,

I use the Hollister 2-piece system - I (convex) pouch, barrier, and ring. I have minimal leaks. I have tried many but nothing works for me as well!

Tiffany

Hisbiscus
Reply to Ben38

That sounds really exciting; doing a trial for the new pouch. I'm glad this far it's working out for you. Will be interesting to know what it was after it comes out. Keep us posted.

Hisbiscus

Thanks for the reviews to everyone who replied. Ultimately, I went back to my old regimen with Convatec and a ring.