Frustration with Inaccessible Faucets

Replies
Views
SallyK

I carry a small squirt bottle with me to use to rinse my pouch. My pet peeve is those faucets that have to be activated by motion or the ones that are like a shower. It makes it extremely difficult to fill up my bottle.

Justbreathe

Thanks for this tip - Great idea! I recently bought a small collapsible cup for the same purpose. When it arrived, it was far too bulky for my purse and I was disappointed. Now I will try a small spray bottle. I may even put a small amount of baby oil in the bottle as well. YAY AND THANKS! jb

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,716 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Happytostillbehere

Try bottled water to fill up the smaller bottle. I get 40 17 oz bottles from Walmart for $5 and change. That should last you a long time.

Twomadogs

I just bought a collapsible water bottle on Amazon. Ok so far. Cheers, Ian.

eefyjig

Haha, yes, a definite pet peeve. So are single bathrooms for large restaurants and bathrooms with no exhaust fan.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SallyK
Reply to eefyjig

No one is thinking of us when they design public washrooms.

eefyjig
Reply to SallyK

Exactly!

Abefroman1969
Reply to SallyK

I still want a Japanese ostomy sink and their lobbying power to have them installed in public washrooms in every country.

SallyK
Reply to Abefroman1969

That would be the cat's meow! 

Killarney
Reply to eefyjig

Do you know a company that sells very small cans of air freshener? Thanks.

eefyjig
Reply to Killarney

https://www.amazon.com/Poo-Pourri-Before-You-Go-Toilet-Neroli-BB9491/dp/B09MV9XZHP/ref=asc_df_B09MV9XZHP/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=563688281693&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15589814927132182788&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004242&hvtargid=pla-1598678122061&psc=1

Smells nice, goes right in the toilet beforehand but I also give an extra spritz after flushing.

Happytostillbehere
Reply to Killarney

Walmart, and if you want to mess with people's heads after you use public bathrooms it comes in apple pie and pumpkin spice. That should confuse the hell out of the next person using it.

Killarney
Reply to eefyjig

Thank you, young lady

Siouxsee

And toilets that flush automatically... at the wrong time