Experiencing Nausea, Gas, and Foamy Output After Surgery: Need Advice

Replies
Views
Loulou80
Aug 25, 2023 6:35 pm

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice/reassurance. I had emergency surgery two weeks today and have been home only a few days. I had vomiting and water output yesterday from a stomach bug. I've now been experiencing nausea, gas, burping and extreme foamy output. I can't get hold of any nurses and I'm getting worried 😔 Any help greatly appreciated.

Ben38
Aug 25, 2023 7:36 pm

Sounds more like you have/had a blockage. Keep drinking lots of fluids and if you feel it needs it, phone 111. As it's a bank holiday weekend, you can't get any advice from your stoma nurses until Tuesday at the earliest.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Cplumber
Aug 25, 2023 9:14 pm

I have an ileostomy and watery output, gassy and foamy output is common. Nausea was common after surgery.
With me, blockages are usually accompanied by stomach cramps.

ron in mich
Aug 26, 2023 1:16 pm

Hi Lou, have you been eating anything, even just soda crackers, to keep something in the stomach? Otherwise, you will just be creating gas, and if your fluid intake is what's coming out.

Loulou80
Aug 26, 2023 6:03 pm
Reply to ron in mich

Hi Ron, I'm trying to stomach crackers but the nausea is horrible. Output is looking a bit better now but not a lot.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
Loulou80
Aug 26, 2023 6:05 pm
Reply to Ben38

Thanks, Ben. I do think I'm dehydrated. I've drunk two Lucozade today and I'm trying to drink the electrolyte solution but not going down too well.

CrappyColon
Aug 27, 2023 12:45 am

Do you have these over there? These are what my dietician told me to get to help with the nausea while also to keep me putting ‘food' in my mouth to chew (I developed a food aversion after 14 years of getting sick nearly every time I ate so they've had to get creative over the past year 😉)

Login to see image

Loulou80
Aug 27, 2023 8:03 am
Reply to CrappyColon

I've never seen these before. I will give them a look on Amazon. I will try anything right now. Thank you so much 😊Â