Results of Test Drive of New Sample

Replies
Views
Justbreathe
Oct 13, 2023 8:29 pm

Login to see image

In an effort to find my perfect appliance, I request free samples from time to time. This is a personal critique on what I currently use and my latest test drive samples.

A = CONVATEC 22771 is the product that works best for me so far.

Things I like include:

Plus side + Have worn for just over 2-1/2 years with no leakage. I occasionally experience a little seepage around my parastomal skin due to pilot error of not snugging up the wax ring close enough to the stoma.

Plus side + Fits flat - no bulk

Plus side + Simple to use

Plus side + Lightweight

Plus side + Clear visual so I can observe the daily health of my stoma, watch for anything unusual like blood or items not breaking down such as a whole pill or food items.

Plus side + The backside against my skin is a material which washes and dries easily on days I do not remove the pouch for showers

Things I disliked:

Downside - Crinkle noise is unnerving

Downside - Soft “out-spout” must be closed with a clip (it is failproof though)

LATEST “TEST DRIVE” SAMPLES

B = CONVATEC 416976 - fail (also tried CONVATEC 416975 - failed)

Things I liked:

Plus side + This model has a clear front

Plus side + Is less noisy

Plus side + Velcro closure with firm plastic “spout out”

Plus side + Simple to use

Things I disliked:

Downside - Both models leaked in the same area on the “spout out” within 4 hours of wearing - leak soiled surrounding material on the bag

Downside - Weight - too much material, this could be due to plastic rings on each side to support a belt which I do not need - has a plastic support band around to support the rings so the pouch is heavier

Downside - Model 416976 did not have a clear front, it's all material covered

Bottom line:

LEAKS ARE A DEAL BREAKER - NO CAN DO SO I WILL STICK WITH A

SallyK
Oct 13, 2023 9:57 pm

Thanks for all the info! 🤓

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

gentlejohn
Oct 14, 2023 3:49 pm

Excellent review. User reviews are helpful. One thing I have learned myself and from others: if you have a system that is working for you, don't change.