Issue with Rectal Stump Mucus and Prolapse Surgery Concerns

Replies
Views
Miss fudgeakins
Nov 19, 2023 11:18 pm

I have an end ileostomy and a urostomy. I also have a rectal prolapse that has been repaired twice, but unfortunately, it's back, so I need more surgery after Christmas. I was given Glistene suppositories that helped at first, but now they cause pain, and I'm unable to pass anything due to no sensation down there. I'm getting really bad backache. The plan would be to remove the rectum, but my consultant is worried as my last operation in May to repair a parastomal hernia and reconstruct my end ileostomy from a transverse colostomy revealed scar tissue around my mesentery artery, so he's reluctant. The plan is to remove some more of the stump and sew it again, but surely that's not going to change the fact I have no anal tone there. Thank you in advance. Has anyone gone through similar? xxx

IGGIE
Nov 22, 2023 4:33 am

G'day Miss Fudgeakins, all I can say is get a second or even third opinion. Some are better than others, you have to shop around. Regards, IGGIE

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.