Reaction to COVID shot?

Replies
Views
annofsd

Hi friends: Last Tuesday I got the latest COVID shot. I don't usually have any negative reaction to the shots, but that night I had diarrhea, which kept going and going out from my stoma. Then the following night I had diarrhea again, but this time it was very watery and messy coming out of my stoma. I always take two diarrhea tablets to make my poop manageable, but the next day I took three tablets. Fortunately the diarrhea seems to have stopped. Have any of you  had a similar reaction to a COVID shot? Ann

Mysterious Mose

Hi Ann. I have had every COVID shot available and have had no adverse reactions whatever. But, it only goes to prove the old adage. Everyone is different. Sorry to hear of your reaction. Hopefully, it was a one off and doesn't put you off potentially life saving vaccines.

Daniel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,628 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Ann.

I'm with MM on this one in that I have had all the shots available and had no adverse reactions. However, the same cannot be said for my wife who reacted to the last one. My impression was that it was more to do with the manner in which it was injected, rather  than the actual ingredients of the vaccine. She quickly recovered and, a month or so later, we both tested positive for Covid.   We do not know whether the vaccination worked as it should, but the symptoms were very mild and not long lasting, so we presume that the vaccine worked for us. 
We had a close friend die from this virus, and a daughter who became seriously ill for a long time, so we feel grateful that these vaccines are available.  
Best wishes

Bill

Ben38

I had dizziness within 30 minutes after I had my first one whether it was from that or just a coincidence I don't know when. When I went for my second jab I mentioned it to the nurse she said get home quick you will have it again after this one but I didn't get it and hasn't happened with any of the other jabs since then. 

Hisbiscus

I had 3 shots. After the first shot is when I developed parosmia. Im.not sure it was from that but it started shortly after that first shot. I then received 2 more later. I don't think I will be taking anymore at all.  

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Kas

I’ve had all the shots available and only reacted with the first one, but that was fever and body aches only.

warrior

No adverse reactions at all. Other than injection site soreness. Which is a given.

Like MM said and our creed..no two people will react the same. 

I think u had the " runs" cause you might have nervous about getting the shot and it's effects.

Happens all the time. Anxiousness.  

TerryLT

I have had every shot available to me and had very minimal reaction to any of them, just a bit of a sore arm at the injection site.  However, my last one was different.  My arm was very sore for a few days and I had a bad headache and felt very tired and lethargic for a couple of days.  It didn't seem to affect my bowels in any way.

Terry

Mysterious Mose
Reply to Ben38

Ben38, Interesting that you were told to get home quick. In the early days of the mRNA vaccine here in the states, there was usually a sitting area present and you were urged to sit and rest for 15 minutes to help catch any adverse reactions. That only lasted for the first couple of shots though.

Jayne

Hi Ann

Regarding the RNA vacines - whether one is a pro vaxer or wish to relie upon the immunity buildup element and are not keen for RNA material entering your system, the fact is that if there is any requirement for surgery - a full vacination profile is essential before any eletive or scheduled surgical candidate may entr theatre.

So this fact alone is a consideration if one has a chronic medicl condition that may require treatment.

As to reactions - Personally, I have had all the 'extra' immune compromised options of vaciniation available within the UK - sand so far have not had adverse reactions - so far as I am aware - following theactual injection.

However, I do not look medically at cullar level and study the matter from a fully informed biological or as related to any health conditions individuls have as a concommitant when vacinated.

Good luck - Personal decisions- and sometimes driven out of necessity - Also most of us do not actually understand in an 'informed' way - how the virology - or otherwise - of immunity and cellular decline actually work - let alone on a personal, individual basis.

When attending a vacination centre - where most vaccines are delivered to presenting patients, there is a through put of folk - so by definition, bugs and viruses abound - so maybe just a pick of of some such - or maybe via an unrelated event?

We submit to the 'luck of the draw' I guess.

BW

Jayne

Rural Mid Wales / English Border, UK

AlexT

First 2 shots were ok. The booster shot about made me dig my own grave and jump in, lasted about 14hrs. 

infinitycastle52777

I didn't have any reactions to the shots aside from some arm soreness, however between the first and second vaccine I got Covid and almost died. Still after all that I got 2 more shots and am waiting to get the newest one. There is an update to the third shot which I got back in February.

JVM261

I see a lot of people that have had reactions to the base plates I never really had a problem with that only with the acid sometimes hitting my skin but I’ve never had a reaction being allergic to the base plates. Just because I have never lived that experience doesn’t mean that the reality for others doesn’t exist. If you feel like you had a reaction and that experience is valid for you, weather other people had a reaction or not, it’s your experience-it’s valid to you. I think this is true for a shot or anything else.