Boom Chicka Pop

Replies
Views
HenryM
May 04, 2024 12:33 pm

THIS IS LIVING ON THE EDGE.  Notwithstanding my ileostomy, I just demolished an entire bag of BOOM CHICKA POP (“sweet & salty kettle corn”) in one sitting.  Needless to say, I threw all caution to the wind, and the exhilaration which I felt was similar to what I imagine it must be like to jump out of an airplane.  Maybe I’ll do that next, who knows?  Life is all about risk, after all.  I’ve known that since I called my high school math teacher a heartless numbers cruncher who can’t read real words.  We all know that, in today’s technological society, just leaving the house increases the chance of injury or death by doing such seemingly innocuous things as crossing the street, breathing the air, or – perish forbid – looking a stranger in the eye.  It’s enough to take my mind off my ostomy, which I suppose is a good thing.  That thing has been affixed to my belly for so long now (since 1964) that I worry less about it than my more common old man’s maladies.  Like being old …  

Caz67
May 04, 2024 1:29 pm

Aww 🥰 welcome back, Henry. We sure have missed you. xx

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,864 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior
May 04, 2024 2:46 pm

You ate the whole thing? And was it worth it? Do tell consequences, if any..😁

Did your bag go boom later? 😂

Mysterious Mose
May 04, 2024 3:40 pm

It's really great to see a post from you again, Henry. It should really help dispel all the concerns some of us have had for you. Welcome back, sir! :-)

Mayoman
May 04, 2024 3:44 pm

Hi Henry! Welcome back ☘. We were all a bit worried about you for a while there! I can't believe Henry ate the whole thing (bag). Living dangerously is what makes life fun. I hope everything came out as easily as it went in!

So nice to see that you're still alive and kicking, Henry. The site hasn't been the same without your wise and helpful insights into the human condition... whatever that condition is ☘😇.

Magoo ☘

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Andrew82
May 04, 2024 4:17 pm

That stuff is amazing. I eat popcorn and popcorn products a lot. Provided you drink plenty of water, I don't think you'll have an issue. Living on the edge keeps us young, right?

AlexT
May 04, 2024 4:24 pm

He is alive.

Audrey Warren
May 04, 2024 5:25 pm
Reply to Caz67

Had to do a double take! So good to see you 🥳

veejay
May 04, 2024 5:27 pm

Come on, Henry... you can't just "reappear" without an explanation or two, can you?

Good to know you are still with us, though.

Keep well.

V.J.

Bryce
May 04, 2024 5:57 pm

Henry, welcome back!

Mayoman
May 04, 2024 6:01 pm

I think Henry was on a secret mission... Come on, Henry... Spill! Getting ready for the moon mission, perhaps? To the moon, Henry... to the moon (you're old enough to know that one?).

Magoo ☘

TerryLT
May 04, 2024 7:51 pm

Welcome back! See, that didn't hurt too much, did it? And see how many people you made happy! I love your post and may just have to try this Boom Chicka stuff you are talking about.

Terry

SallyK
May 04, 2024 8:49 pm

KipDM
May 05, 2024 2:15 am

Henry, you give me hope! I've only had mine for 7 months and I so want popcorn. All I've been through has confirmed that for some, ‘life is short'. You've made me a little more courageous, so I think I may try some tonight. Maybe just a cup to start, but it's a start. 👍 Thanks, Henry! Can't wait to get to know you here.

Roseviolet
May 05, 2024 3:43 am

Okay, Henry. You ate that bag around noon, so I am thinking that you must have had lots of "product" by now. Are you still alive and well?

obewan58
May 05, 2024 2:28 pm

Welcome back, Henry. You might want to try
Pop Corners; they are awesome.

Mysterious Mose
May 05, 2024 4:05 pm

Adding the 16th reply so we can see the previous 14 posts...