Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 22,0K + members

Can anyone make some bag covers for me please...I CANT SEW..

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org
Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 am
Hi..just wondering if anyone is handy with a sewing machine to whip up a couple of cover for my colostomy bag

please..

tania
Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:56 am
I haven't felt a need to cover my bag.  However, when it is really hot, it sometimes wants to cling to my skin.  A newborn baby bib has worked well for me.  Just tie it around.  I don't like the ones with velcro.

Also, the soft baby washcolths that are two layers work also.  I cut a slit and put the bag between the two layers.  It is very soft, comfortable, and doesn't add much bulk.

Both protect my skin from the heat.  I haven't felt a need to beautify the bag.  

I am sure there will be lots more options presented.
Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 pm
The best thing(s) I bought for myself were from ostomy secrets website. They are Lycra type bands that have pockets. I bought the swim one & regular (more elastic) more hold for exercise etc. I still use the one for belly support now- months after my reversal. Kind of spendy but I could swim or wear jeans & have a low profile & not feel like anyone knew what I had going on "under it all" - I can sew but these were such a great design & I wanted them like yesterday when I found them. Best wishes.
Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm
i have the clear bags do to the size i have the 4inch waffers and bags so the dont have much for them so its cut to fit and i wear a wrap most of the time so it doesnt show as bad
Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:25 am
Why not just make them yourself?

I'm not a seamstress myself but I make my own similar to a pattern from the below website.

After all, if you use your initiative, it is nothing harder than slapping a couple of scraps of material together.

http://www.stomaatje.com/clothing.html
DH
Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 pm
Hi, Have you checked out the site for C&S Ostomy Pouch Covers. They make neat pouch covers that come in all types of fabrics and designs. The name of the site is www.shop.cspouchcovers.com.
Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 am
hey Jo, I checked out your link and got into the "The History of the Stoma" section. Thanks for posting something that aids my daily thanks giving! Wow! We sure have come a long way baby!
Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:29 pm
i used old socks that were too holey too wear.
Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 am
Found a great company for pouch covers.....koolostomy.com The owner is an ostomate and makes a custom hand made cover. The material against the body is made of special material to help remove the sweat from the skin caused by the bag. I have ordered several and find them wonderful.
Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 am
Hey Tania,

I wear a 2-piece Hollister New Image wafer and bag that is covered both sides in fabric, so I have no problems in anything sticking to me - plus, I don't have to ever see the "stuff" in my bag. It's just a suggestion to you. There's also another company website called: http://cspouchcovers.com where you can purchase tons of pouch covers with different designs (including all the holidays) for $14.95 each. I hope you find this helpful.

Tricia
Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Yes, I would be happy remake you a couple of covers.  I can make all day wear or ones for intimate moments! 

Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi Gabby,

That is so very nice of you but the person who asked hasn't posted in some time. I bet she would love what you would make for her!

Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Hello Tania...we get them from Etsy..they're great!

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=ostomy+bags&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:59 pm

where are you tania?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:31 am

Hi Tammy,  I just saw your ostomy covers and they look great!  You are very talented designing the different cover styles.  I myself can't even sew a button properly...ugh!  I do try but for some reason what I set out to accomplish with sewing does not turn out the way I invision it.  oh well...try try again....Thank you again for your product post.  Have a nice day.  Sincerely, LadyHope

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.