New Ostomy Solution: Suction & Vibration Device for Blockages

Replies
Views
funnygurl
I was researching blockages and looking for solutions when I stumbled upon this in the ostomyland.org forum. Apparently, Salts, an ostomy supply company in the UK, is considering this new product. I don't know how far it is from being marketed at the moment, but it would certainly have potential, I think, to deal with blockages.

"The product they are thinking of developing is a little device which gently applies suction and vibration over a specially-designed stoma cap. After about 5 minutes, you take off the cap and put on an irrigation sleeve, and output should follow within 10 minutes or so. You put on a pouch for overnight use in case there is any more output, then a new stoma cap in the morning and that's it till the evening."

I can't wait for it to be available!
gutenberg
funnygurl: Many thanks for that post, I wonder if you could find that article again and post a link. I'm sure there are many people on this site that would be anxious to read that article. Just in the last couple of weeks there has been many posts on the horrors of blockages and this sounds so good, almost too good to be true, thanking you in advance, Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,380 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

funnygurl
It is in the forums on this website. Of course, I cannot find it now.

http://www.ostomyland.org/ostomyboardipb/

The manufacturer who is testing it is Salts in the UK.
gutenberg
Many thanks for that speedy reply Funnygurl, but if I could impose another question as this old bird is not that computer savvy, do you remember if this was in a post or in an ad that's usually on the bottom of the page, if you don't remember that's ok, and we thank you for that encouraging post, Ed
funnygurl

It was in the forums on that site. It was not an ad. It is still in development.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
renee851

Funnygirl,

Keep us posted on this product for blockages. I have had two surgeries since my colectomy in June for adhesions. Would this work for that type of blockage? Renee