Poll

In this discussion
Replies
Views
ron in mich
how do you like your peeps, fresh or stale?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bag_n_drag
A little bit stale, actually. Gives em a nice little crunch, with a soft, but chewy, center.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

What are peeps???

Pinky
Definitely stale (or at least hard). I like to put them in the freezer and eat them all year!
Past Member
  nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;

Yes I had the same question DD?! nbsp; nbspDefinitely a North American creation methinks so I did a google!
And I reckon they sound alright hey!

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

and look, they even have their own store!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
hereskaren
There is also another adantage to eating Peeps!! The marshmallow consistancy also helps your output solidify. So, as I stuff my face with Peeps, I tell everyone around me that it's for "medicinal" purposes. So, go ahead and enjoy. Easter only comes around once a year. The good news is that they could last longer because, I, like others on here also like them a bit stale. So, save them for a later time or eat them when they are fresh. Peeps rock!
mooza
i USE THAT WORD TOO BUT FOR PEOPLE --PEEPS . SO THANKS FOR THE VIDEO XXX WE HAVE 22 MILLION PEEPS IN AUSTRALIA I THINK X X X X
mooza
HAHAHAH PEEPS STORE SO ITS JUST MOLDINGS WITH MARSH MELLOW? ..GIMME GIMME PEEPS LOL .......ANYTHING LIKE CHOCOLATE ROYALS ..BISCUITS . {NOT SCONES} IN AUSTRALIA LOL
bag_n_drag
Mooza - now they have chocolate covered peeps! Dark and Milk Chocolate! YUMMY!
Xerxes
Sorry, but I hate them and always have. But, I can see how some may like them, so enjoy. Hi Mooz. You have too many peeps down your way.

X_
southerngal
I love peeps and also claim to use them for medicinal purposes. I love the fresh, soft ones. Mine never last long enough to get stale.
bag_n_drag

Xerxes I detect a quot;peep-a-tude quot; here!   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;Mooza I used to call my workforce my quot;peeps quot;; too!

They are an acquired taste.

Darla
Xerxes
bag_n_drag,

I admit it. I do have a peep-a-tude. Ah, but a Cadbury egg, that is a completely different story.

X_
bag_n_drag

I could bathe in Cadbury eggs.
Lobster

You're workforce were an acquired taste! Who the hell were you employing?
bag_n_drag

You're workforce were an acquired taste! Who the hell were you employing?   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;

Lobster-
Clarification - nbsp; nbsp; Candy Peeps= acquired taste. nbsp; nbspWorkforce quot;peeps quot; nbsp; nbsp;- not so much! nbsp; nbsp;
foxbody
I do not know any thing about peeps but i sure like the hot cross buns that only come out this time of year like your peeps buy extra and freeze .
supernan
Oh how I love hot X buns! However, yet again another thing that my colostomy can't cope with, and before anyone yells I can tell you I was told by my SN not to eat anything with dried fruit but everyone else said on another forum that it was OK, so I tried and I paid the price. I have tried again since and I just get an awful pain, I think it must be just me!! I did check back with the SN and she said that I could try them (didn't tell her I already had) but I had to be very careful. Does anyone else know why?
Xerxes
Supernan,

It could be that the dried fruit, once you ingest it, absorbs water and hence swells up to a considerable size. This will induce cramping and perhaps diarrhea. This happened to me once after eating a considerable amount of dried apricots. Wow, did I pay the price for that. Ever since, I eat dried fruit, but only in very small quantities.

X_
Past Member
I love hot x buns toasted, we can buy them all year round in the UK
supernan
I know Panther, that's the problem!! They are also delicious made into a bread and butter pudding , but I have been good and not had any more as the pain wasn't worth it. Perhaps it's because I have such a large hernia (the size of a head) that my intestines are so tangled that they can't cope.
Past Member
Camp Fresh!
Maryellen
I love them! Stale but not too stale is my preferance.