Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 20,484 members

Victoria's "other" secret!

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:41 am
Thought this article was interesting, for those with a colostomy of course, may not work with the constant output of an ileostomy, but would be fun to have a bit of "bling for your bag"!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2176425/Victoria-s-OTHER-Secret-Designer-creates-world-s-lingerie-colostomy-bags-partners-off.html
Reply by christiesdad, on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 pm
Jo,  
The thing about this article............

1 .no matter how good  these gals look they still have the ileo thing.

and

2.  Even though they have the ileo thing...........they are still knock-outs!
Reply by gutenberg, on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 pm
Hey Jo, I agree with CD on his abservations but something else caught my eye. In one of the articles it was mentioned that a plug was inserted into the stoma to keep out any unwanted waste. So the thing is , I have read many times about never putting anything into the stoma opening, which I had trouble understanding and here we have these fancy covers with a built-in plug. Go figure. Take care, Ed
kbd
Reply by kbd, on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 am
The ladies look very nice. Yet I think we are sort of stuck in the mindset of needing to hide or disguise our bags. But one of the sexiest ladies I've ever seen is Jess with photos completely showing her undisguised-bag on her great figure Smile
Reply by Green Eyed Lady, on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:29 pm
I have an ileostomy, which is not continent and, therefore, these pretty items on the website you cited would not work for me...but, through any US medical supplier (Edgepark in my case), there are products manufactured by "Options (80)" which I have purchased as my every day panties (come in white or blush). They also have crotch-less panties and even backless split lace crotch-less panties (same colors plus come in black). All of these panties have a panel behind the front of the pantie that holds/hides & supports the bag while being almost invisible to the naked eye from the outside. The great part for me is that they are covered under my medical plan, so I pay absolutely nothing for them. Personally, I love them and am grateful that they do make these types of garments for us ladies with ostomies! I hope that the "guys" also check them out  (cause they also have under garments for you, too). Let me know if anyone else tries them and what they think of them!
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.