Showcase your art and inspire others!

Replies
Views
GraphX12

Are there any fine artists out there that would like to share their work with other forum members? I for one would love to see it.

This is the first drawing I did following my ileostomy surgery and it played a MAJOR role in my recovery. I was near death prior to surgery and wasn't even sure I was strong enough to survive the 9-hour operation. Because of my long recovery, I was terminated from my graphic design job which I had held for 13 years ;(nothing like kicking a guy when he's down). The silver lining is it gave me the opportunity to get back to my roots and start doing what I really love - creating fine art.

Fellow artists, please share your work in this thread.

Bill

Hello GraphX12,

Thank you for posting and inviting us to share. I was very impressed with your drawings as they are in a style that I used to practice myself many moons ago. I'm sorry to say that I cannot share any of my artistic work because it was all sold off when I gave up  drawing and painting to take up writing rhyming verse.  However, I hope you get lots of replies as this could be a very interesting forum topic. 

Best  wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mild_mannered_super_hero

I consider myself an artist, but I do a different type of "draw". I made this belt and holster from scratch.

GraphX12

You indeed are an artist, _hero! Did you tool the leather also? Beautiful work!

mild_mannered_super_hero

Thank you, yes I carved that floral pattern. It's an interesting and challenging hobby.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Ozzwood

Wow... Very talented, indeed.   Beautiful work!!  

I of course can't draw a stick man, and was so very proud when I made my mom a macaroni necklace in the 2nd grade.   :)  

Ozzwood

Beautiful leatherwork! 

lonestarszq

There is one in Texas who is originally from Wisconsin. In fact, I have a BFA from UW-Milwaukee. Worked as a fashion illustrator for a department store there.

Your realism is amazing. I did life drawing and will have to ask my son to show me how to download a charcoal drawing to this site.

Ewesful

Your work is beautiful - I love barns!! I do not draw, but design quilts and wall hangings as well as creative stained glass.

You might look into printing up some of your work into note cards - definitely would sell in the agriculture events -

GraphX12

Thank you Ewesful!

I do sell full-size prints of the barn and have considered adding note cards. Currently I am a "low volume" artist trying to establish myself and have found printing costs vs sales too high for the note cards.

By the way, let's see some of your work!

bluejewel

Graphx1,

The barn is beautiful. Is it mainly done in pencil? I did one similar to that years ago, but I did the opposite of you. Between the loss of my husband and my battle with cancer, depression kicked in and I haven't drawn in awhile. Time to shake off and start drawing again. I hope to see more of your work; you have such talent.

Mild-mannered SH, your holster and belt are so finely detailed. Great work.

bluejewel

I got the answer to my questions when I went back to look at the bsrn again. Excellent work.

GraphX12

Hi bluejewel. Thanks for your response. You've been through some tough times - will be praying for you. During my recovery from surgery, I was terminated from my job of 12 years. The combination of the two sent me into depression, which is normal. The barn drawing you are referring to REALLY helped in my recovery.

I worked for many years as a graphic artist, and the stress within this field is very high - meeting unrealistic deadlines, juggling multiple projects, etc. My first love has always been drawing, but the demands of my career kept me from it. It was such a breath of fresh air to get back to my roots.

I urge you to get back into drawing - it was so therapeutic for me.

iMacG5

I missed this last year and I'm so happy I got a chance to see it now.  Wow!  You guys are so talented.  Thanks so much for sharing.

With sincere appreciation,

Mike

Past Member

I oil paint and sculpt, mostly in polymer clay, but I do have a kiln.

DAY 1

4 MONTHS LATER

GraphX12

Very nice painting, Coraline! I have fond memories of my college pottery classes.

Past Member

Thanks, it only took me 50 years to learn LOL. I gave up on ceramics, tired of my sculptures cracking in the kiln. I use polymer clay, which bakes in the oven. You can add to it, paint it, and sand it. The kiln is used for lampwork, making glass beads.