Need help with post-op ileostomy sickness

Replies
Views
Harry A

Can't cope with sickness. I do not have any obstruction bag working well, but sickness and gas is getting me down. Any help would be gratefully received. I have sickness tablets and it seems every other day I am violently sick. Up to 6 years ago, I was a strong healthy man but now feel 90 years of age. Any advice, please?

Bill

Hello Harry. What you describe simply does not sound right. If it were mew, I would be pestering my GP to look into it further and get me some answers and (preferably) a cure.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Harry A

Thanks, I will do as you suggest.

Bill

Let us know how you get on!

Harry A

Hi, I had an emergency admission again for dehydration, but on the medical ward, they sorted out that it was the tablets. So, I hope that is sorted. I will start 3 months of chemotherapy next. Hope you are well and keep fighting.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mrs.A

Wow, Harry

I'm glad you went to the doctors and they helped you sort it out. It just goes to show that when our bodies tell us something is not right, we need to listen and get checked out. Best wishes with your chemo treatments. We'll be here if you feel like posting.