Join 'Cooking for My Ostomy' for recipe sharing and support!

Replies
Views
shewastaken

If anyone is on Facebook, I've created a page called "Cooking for My Ostomy." The purpose is to share recipes and help each other alter favorite recipes to facilitate our ostomies. Feel free to come join the conversation.

Dancingthrough

What a great idea

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,444 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

shewastaken

Thank you so much! (I just wish I had more interaction from my members...)

Brown eyed girl

I will definitely check it out! I am currently in the ER with a partial bowel obstruction....seems anymore that every time I try to eat healthy I have a very difficult time with pain and sometimes nausea. Will see a nutritionist soon......came across your post just at the right time!!

shewastaken

OMG - You poor thing! I'm soooo sorry!

Do you have an ileostomy or colostomy? (I suspect the former - with our smaller stomas, we seem to have more trouble.)

Do you have an immersion blender? Just last night I "made up" a new recipe to try to add more fruit to my diet. (I get Meals on Wheels for 5 meals a week, mainly so I can see a human 3x a week. But I have to "adjust" for my ileostomy.

My new recipe: Fruit Butter

Blend 1 container applesauce, 1 of peaches, pears, etc., add to 1 c. apple butter, add allspice, cinnamon, and pie spice, mix well. Pretty yummy! (I don't think I would try with pineapple - too fibrous.)

I also have a great little mincer called a Crank Chop - use it on most of my veggies and all leafy salads. Also, a spiralizer works great - use on veggies then nuke them to soften!

Take care, hon!

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Brown eyed girl

Yes, I have an ileostomy. It isn't new, but my trouble with some foods is new. Thinking I may have a stricture and will see my surgeon when I can. An immersion blender would probably be a good investment for me....my brother has one and loves it. That would be one way for me to get healthy foods into my diet. On this low residue diet, I seem to eat nothing but carbs and dairy!

Thanks for your helpful ideas! I sure don't want to give up veggies...I love them! Not so big on fruit but know I need it. I do take supplements as well.

Thanks again!

Wendy