New Surgical Appliances on YouTube: Ostomy Cure Ties and Ostomy Ilio Night Pouch

Replies
Views
warrior

I was bored.

I went to see what all the fuss was about on this new type of surgical appliance. I like to think of it as an internal wafer on steroids.

"Ostomy Cure Ties System" it's called. Frankly, I'm not sure it's worth the effort, but it's in trials in the UK and Sweden. All you do is Google "Ties Ostomy" and you will see it. So I was looking further on YouTube, scrolling, and saw something else like this called an ostomy plug, where it uses magnets surgically inserted magnets to hold the wafer on. (To me, it looks like a mini foghorn! Ship blows horn.)

This new invention is still undergoing trials. However, no replies were given under these ads, and there were many questions about it. No contact info from what I saw. Hmm (horn blowing in the distance).

Seems like everything is happening across the pond.

Hmm. Well, closer to home, and I am still puzzled by this other item which Coloplast makes, called an "Ostomy Ilio Night Pouch". The girl on YouTube was pretty confident about it and said she uses it occasionally. It is reusable (eww). Well, take a Google look or YouTube it. It appears to be a large tadpole-pouch, like four feet long. A better image would be a four-foot-long leg. Ha ha. I think it's called Assure 2 Piece. Definitely something for Halloween. My friend Bob would make a hat out of it. It's just creepy.

But the kicker, she said, was "it's great for ilios cause it holds all the liquid we make at night without having to get up 3-4 times to empty." (I didn't see how she emptied it though - a job for two people, you think?)

Am I the only one who does solids? Hardly get liquids, but I am more prone to solids than liquids. So I wonder how this would work for me, but not really too concerned. I do like a good night's sleep, but sleeping with a leg of shit beside me? (It holds two liters!) I don't think counting sheep will help. - Warrior

lovely

Hi warrior, another guy and myself had posted a link to https://ostomycure.com/. I looked at it but I think it is just for ileostomy. Also, I'm not sure I would want that thing put in me. Here is another video about larger bags for night use, but not the one you saw. It may not last all night but holds more than a regular. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwNBFrfrLvc&t=7s.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,374 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

Hi lovely. Checked out that last link. It is awfully wide. Dunno how sleeping with this thing would be safer.

I saw it has a funnel at the end for drainage. Not good for solids like me.

Maybe someone with liquid output could benefit.

That guy narrating needs Bob's cool hat.

When I tried to exit YouTube my entire phone locked up. Did you have that issue? Had to reboot phone. Kinda scary. Thanks for sharing. Someone else will definitely use that type of bag. Cheers!!

lovely

Hi warrior, I did not have a problem with the video. Sorry you did. I thought you had an ileostomy. It did look kind of wide, but I was just thinking about some people on here that had said they have to get up several times a night to empty. That guy has done a lot of videos about all kinds of ostomy supplies. I think that may be his job, and he could use Bob's cool hat. I went back to the video by the link I posted, did not have a problem. Take care.

warrior

Thanks for following up with me. Yes, I do have an ileo. Just check profiles if in doubt. And yes, I do get up a few times during the night. However, that is slowing down a bit since I try to eat before 8pm. It really knocks you out trying to get up for work in the morning. Like clockwork, certain times, give or take 10 minutes. Hate it. So I am adjusting. You take care. Thanks again. Warrior

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
w30bob

Ok, my ears were ringing..........so who's talking about me. Must be Warrior.......aka Mr. Solid. I'll give ya a solid all right.......Bang, Zoom...to the moon Alice! Let me finish cooking my onion rings and I'll jump on the couch with my laptop and check out all that you and CowboyHatLovelyGirl are talking about. That butt plug sounds interesting. Now where did I put my newest cool hat..........???

;0)

Bob

Yeah, I stole it. It's a bad habit I learned while living in New Jersey.

/></p>
						</div>
					</div>
                    <div class=

iMacG5

So Warrior, you know I’m gonna agree with you ‘cause we’re Jersey Guys. I don’t know a whole lot about anything but I thought Ileos were liquiddy. That’s a NJ word. You’re a solid guy so why not have solid poops?
What you describe is something like a Texas catheter; a very, very long condom. Could it be long enough to go through the floor? In a one story house with a basement that could work very well. Probably wouldn’t be a good idea if you lived in a condo or apartment with other folks below. If the bed was elevated it could go out the window; maybe into a chipper for the solids. We’re talking multi tasking here so we can sleep and fertilize the lawn simultaneously. Just my thoughts. Can’t stop thinkin’ outside the box or bag or whatever.
BTW, the last good night’s sleep I had was in April of 2003.
Mike

warrior

Hey Mike. Enjoying the fresh snow are you?? 

Hmm, a Texas Cath? I am unfamiliar with that device but will take your word for it being it appears like a condom.. Hmm, there is a joke there... wait for it... Hmm. "What do you call Texan birth control for men?" 

Answer: George W. Bush. (Get your minds out of the gutter) Mentioning his name to a girl will definitely be a killjoy. 

So this idea of plumbing through the house, out the window,  or into the basement needs some thought if you poop like a racehorse! 

Re: chipper.? Have you seen the movie Fargo? I will never look at another chipper quite the same way.  

Mike, you have a vivid and amusing perspective. 

Re: good night's sleep? 2016 by definition of sleeping through the night pre-op? Yes, 2016... Post-op?? How do we say it in Jersey? "Fuhgeddaboudit". Minimum of two "get ups" during the night and you can bet the farm on that like clockwork. 

Don't eat yellow snow, dude. 

Tony 

iMacG5

Hey Tony, since Fargo I get chills any time I see a chipper.  

I think my perspective is amusing because my perception of reality might be screwed up.  I wonder if four "get ups" a night could be a contributing factor.

Thanks for the advice.

Mike