Pick Salax

In this discussion
Replies
Views
tinmlizzy

Hi people, has anyone with an ileostomy been asked to take pics of Salax? Sounds like dynamite to me!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kmedup

Hi,

I take Pico Salax - a bowel prep medication used by adults and children to clean the colon before a colonoscopy, x-ray examination, or surgery - as recommended by my doctor, before I have a colonoscopy – every five years. It is usually taken in two doses and works wonderfully. It is not meant to be taken regularly and can be purchased over-the-counter for about $35. Just, K.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
tinmlizzy

Before I had my ileostomy one year ago, I used Pico Salax as a preparation for a colonoscopy. But I wondered if anyone has used this product since having an ileostomy.

w30bob

Hi Tin,

Never used that one, but they are all pretty nasty to your bowels. I guess bowel prep for an ileostomate would be determined by how much small bowel you have left. Being a short-gutter, I never have to prep.......just wait a few hours after eating. So the poison they make you drink and the amount of it is most likely determined by how much sewer pipe needs to be purged.

Regards,

Bob

ron in mich

Hi all, I have an ileo. And any time I had scans or scopes, I was told to do clear liquids for a day before.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister