Ostomy Memories of Good Health

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

NO ONE KNOWS BETTER the significance of good health than the people on this website. Nothing makes more evident the joys of feeling healthy than having experienced the various devastating maladies that resulted in ostomies. Perhaps – like those mask and vaccine avoiders now hospitalized with Covid – a few of us learned this lesson a bit late. But good health habits are still good, even if it took us awhile to catch on. Occasionally, I will confess, I can lose my grip on the necessities of diet management. “The only way to keep your health,” said Mark Twain, “is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.” I’m still working hard to convince myself that breakfast need not be followed by dessert. I’m at a loss to understand how I could have quit smoking cold turkey, never to go back to it, yet I can’t bring myself to stop snacking. I’m eating pretzels as I type this post! Better than ice cream, I guess. That was yesterday.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Axl

Put the pretzels in the ice cream Henry .........

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
bays6513

Hello,OMG! HenryM so true ! ...I to stopped smoking cold turkey ! And of healthy diet. But at times...... agree those snacky snacks mercy they get us in trouble lol

Psssss...AXL ..your combo ( pretzels and ice cream)sounds yummy . ..I meancarrots

Gn Enjoy all!

veejay

Yes Henry I also managed to quit smoking.....cold turkey in May 1983.

Don't know the exact date but I regard it as one of my greatest achievements. I was so proud of myself.

Speaking of achievements, this pearl of wisdom come across my desk last week from that well know modern day American philosopher, Homer J. Simpson.

He was addressing his eldest daughter......"Lisa you're my greatest achievement and you've done it all yourself"

Keep well and Covid safe.

V.J.

ron in mich

Hi all i never smoked as i have asthma and allergies and cig. smoke relly bothers me but snacking now thats another story, as i am sitting here on the puter coffee in hand i,m thinking about what to get for a snack and i just had breakfast a half hour ago, i dont have to worry about weight gain as i,ve always been skinny and my ilieo. doesnt help, and if there,s fresh bakery in the house i,m on it.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister