Reversal and Pregnancy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Illeomike

Hi everyone,

I've had my ileostomy for 7 years and my gastro has recommended that I think about reversal for certain reasons. I was wondering if anyone has done a reversal and pregnancy after? I have one baby and we are hoping to have another 2 so I'm trying to decide whether to have the reversal before we try again or wait until after another 2 which would be min. 5 years.

How long after reversal was pregnancy feasible? I know everyone is different though :)

If anyone has any advice from experience I'd be very happy to read!

Thank you!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Indy5

Be careful with a reversal. I had one and for two years it was incontinence, "clustering" which is going every 5-10 minutes producing 1-inch "bullet stools that would last 3-4 hours. These things would leave me with a very sore, itching bottom. I finally gave in and asked for a bag back. 4 weeks ago, I had a permanent colostomy placed. I'm a stage 4 colon cancer patient. Good luck and I wish you the best!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate