Scabby crust around stoma - need advice!

Replies
Views
xnine
Aug 16, 2021 8:10 pm

I noticed this yesterday, it is on the bottom so you cannot really see it from the top. I have been sitting in the tub for over an hour and it has not softened up much. I may call the nurses but thought I would try here first. Would it be from laying on my stomach? But I have done that before. My new Salts drops? It is just weird.

Past Member
Aug 17, 2021 4:45 am

Is it possible your wafer was cut a little too close? Or somehow rubbed against the stoma?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

xnine
Aug 17, 2021 5:02 am

Nurse at first look pics said there is nothing to worry about. See what she says tomorrow. My flanges are pre-cut and are not tight.

Puppyluv56
Aug 18, 2021 12:14 am

Wow X,

Hope you find the cause and cure soon. Anything need is worrisome!! Keep us posted!

Pup

xnine
Aug 19, 2021 12:29 am

Going to the nurse tomorrow. Said it was an ulcer. They just want to have a look. If that is what is on the outside, what is on the inside.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Play
xnine
Aug 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Necrotic slough, watch it and send more pics. Nurse and doc looked at it. If they are not worried, I am not worried.

xnine
Aug 24, 2021 12:20 pm

Looks much better today. Cannot think of any trauma that may have caused it. See what the nurse says.

xnine
Aug 31, 2021 10:25 pm

I am watching it and sent more pics. It has moved from the bottom to the side. Nurse is going to talk to Doc again.

xnine
Sep 08, 2021 9:39 pm

Doc said to stop using the Salts drops and things are much improving. He wanted to do a biopsy and now has canceled it. Saves me a trip to the hospital. Looking better every day.