Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
27,282 members

Stoma has a scaby crust around the bottom

Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:10 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

I noticed this yesterday, it is on the bottom so you can not really see it from the top. I have been sitting in the tub for over an hour and it has not softened up much. I may call the nurses but thought I would try here first. Would be from laying on my stomach? But I have done that before. My new Salts drops? It is just weird.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:45 pm

is it possible your wafer was cut a little too close? or somehow rubbed against the stoma? 

MeetAnOstoMate - 27,282 members
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:02 am

Nurse at first look pics said there is nothing to worry about. See what she says tomorrow. My flanges are pre-cut and are not tight.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Wow X,

Hope you find the cause and cure soon. Anything need is worrisome!!Keep us posted!

Pup

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Going to the nurse tomorrow. said it was an ulcer. They just want to have a look. If that is what is on the outside what is on the inside.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Necrotic slough, watch it and send more pics. Nurse and Doc looked at it. If they are not worried I am not worried.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:20 am

Looks much better today. Can not think of any trauma that may have caused it. See what the nurse says.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:25 pm

I am watching it and sent more pics. It has moved from the bottom to the side. Nurse is going to talk to Doc again.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Doc said to stop using the Salts drops and things are much improving. He wanted to do a biopsy and now has canceled it. Saves me a trip to the hospital. Looking better everyday.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.