Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Stoma has a scaby crust around the bottom

Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:10 pm

I noticed this yesterday, it is on the bottom so you can not really see it from the top. I have been sitting in the tub for over an hour and it has not softened up much. I may call the nurses but thought I would try here first. Would be from laying on my stomach? But I have done that before. My new Salts drops? It is just weird.

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:45 pm

is it possible your wafer was cut a little too close? or somehow rubbed against the stoma? 

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:02 am

Nurse at first look pics said there is nothing to worry about. See what she says tomorrow. My flanges are pre-cut and are not tight.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Wow X,

Hope you find the cause and cure soon. Anything need is worrisome!!Keep us posted!

Pup

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Going to the nurse tomorrow. said it was an ulcer. They just want to have a look. If that is what is on the outside what is on the inside.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Necrotic slough, watch it and send more pics. Nurse and Doc looked at it. If they are not worried I am not worried.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:20 am

Looks much better today. Can not think of any trauma that may have caused it. See what the nurse says.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:25 pm

I am watching it and sent more pics. It has moved from the bottom to the side. Nurse is going to talk to Doc again.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Doc said to stop using the Salts drops and things are much improving. He wanted to do a biopsy and now has canceled it. Saves me a trip to the hospital. Looking better everyday.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.