Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Name for Stoma

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:21 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.

I used to think I was in the minority but...looking online I see I am not. So..has anyone named their stoma? If so..what did you name it and the reason why. Mine is Stella ☺

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:35 pm

I have a urostomy so I named mine Mr. Peabody 😀

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:45 pm

Why Stella? 

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:05 pm

Stoma_N_FL wrote:

I have a urostomy so I named mine Mr. Peabody 😀

Haha that is great!

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:08 pm

AlexT wrote:

Why Stella? 

Because when she acts up I am like. "STELLAAAAAAAAA" You know from that old movie or commercial..cannot remember which.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 pm

tiff041 wrote:

Because when she acts up I am like. "STELLAAAAAAAAA" You know from that old movie or commercial..cannot remember which.

Streetcar named Desire? 

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 pm

tiff041 wrote:

Awww....you stole my Thunder ,  that was going to be my line !! 

Mr Magoo ....screaming ..Stellllaaaaa....while He's looking at a horses butt , lovely blond hair  ( tail ) swaying side to side ....where did I put my Goggles   !! 🤡🤡☘

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:43 am

I GOT MY INSPIRATION FROM CAMELOT AND I NAMED MY STOMA "SIR POOPS A LOT"

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 am

I named mine willy 🤭 because the inner child wanted to make light out of a crappy situation lol. 

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 am

I named mine Sally. Not really sure why. It's an old name I like. :)

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:31 am

magoo wrote:

Awww....you stole my Thunder ,  that was going to be my line !! 

Mr Magoo ....screaming ..Stellllaaaaa....while He's looking at a horses butt , lovely blond hair  ( tail ) swaying side to side ....where did I put my Goggles   !! 🤡🤡☘

Yes! Exactly it! Hahaha

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:32 am

Fritzj wrote:

I GOT MY INSPIRATION FROM CAMELOT AND I NAMED MY STOMA "SIR POOPS A LOT"

Very good one!

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:33 am

samantha1995.pa wrote:

I named mine willy 🤭 because the inner child wanted to make light out of a crappy situation lol. 

That's cute. What about Lily the illey😁

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:34 am

sunflower111 wrote:

I named mine Sally. Not really sure why. It's an old name I like. :)

Sally is a good one 😁

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:21 am

Hi guys,

My stoma's name is Ruby- due to the color 😇

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:09 pm

Earth Angel wrote:

Hi guys,

My stoma's name is Ruby- due to the color 😇

That's a good one!

I gave the name 'Ruby' to my now 10 yr. old cat....  :o))

Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:59 pm

tessa wrote:

That's a good one!

I gave the name 'Ruby' to my now 10 yr. old cat....  :o))

I heard from some .. "Trump" cuz its full of 💩, Barack Ostoma, and Winnie..as in "Winnie the Pooh" 😝

Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:30 pm

I named mine Stuie after Stuart Little because he is little but is strong willed and has a mind of his own😜

Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:41 am

My stoma's name is Igor as my ever-present deformed assistant.  For those who know me well, when I say igor calls, they know that I need to find a restroom soon to empty my bag.   A polite way for those of you who have a spouse or friends in the know to support you.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:54 am

Casper9 wrote:

I named mine Stuie after Stuart Little because he is little but is strong willed and has a mind of his own😜

A friend of mine named her stoma STUIE becuse what comes out of it stool.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:39 am

Mine is called Stig.  Not named after Top Gear driver, but a certain book.  Go ahead and Google 😬

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:43 pm

Named mine pumpkin! 

It's the color of the inside of a pumpkin. 

Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:47 pm

I told a sales rep. It looked like the monster from tremors movie. Giant wormy bugger. Hehe

Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:25 am

AlexT wrote:

Streetcar named Desire? 

More like a Streetcar named Disaster  LOL ... 

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:49 am

Mine's called Winnie (as in Winnie The Pooh)

I thought I was being very clever - but I've since found a few other Winnies around!

Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:34 pm

Winnie The Pooh wrote:

Mine's called Winnie (as in Winnie The Pooh)

I thought I was being very clever - but I've since found a few other Winnies around!

You know I am sad I never thought of that first. Winnie is a great one 😀👍

Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:35 pm

magoo wrote:

More like a Streetcar named Disaster  LOL ... 

😂

Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Mine is Rosie or rosebud because that is what she looks like.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:55 am

tiff041 wrote:

You know I am sad I never thought of that first. Winnie is a great one 😀👍

I found some "Fat Quarters" (squares of cotton fabric) in ALDI last year that were Winnie the Pooh related. "Life is nothing without Pooh" (or something like that) was on one which I got made up into a stoma cover by a tailor friend. We used a pattern off the internet but the results were poor - it seemed to fit OK and looked cute but wouldn't stay on. I suspect it would need to have elasticated tape on it or something. I see lots of interesting covers on Etsy but the are pricey and the postage costs as much! I'll try again sometime, with more fabric from this bundle, or one with a Grim Reaper and get somebody to embroider "Not Today...." on it!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 pm

Winnie The Pooh wrote:

I found some "Fat Quarters" (squares of cotton fabric) in ALDI last year that were Winnie the Pooh related. "Life is nothing without Pooh" (or something like that) was on one which I got made up into a stoma cover by a tailor friend. We used a pattern off the internet but the results were poor - it seemed to fit OK and looked cute but wouldn't stay on. I suspect it would need to have elasticated tape on it or something. I see lots of interesting covers on Etsy but the are pricey and the postage costs as much! I'll try again sometime, with more fabric from this bundle, or one with a Grim Reaper and get somebody to embroider "Not Today...." on it!

That is great😂

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.