Long-lasting bags: Hernia or product line?

Replies
Views
Fred383

Hi, I'm not here to advertise any product. But since getting a melon-sized hernia and switching product lines, I find myself changing ports and bags every other or third day to now often seven days, and tomorrow will be my eighth on this one port. I do change bags out of convenience when severe pancaking occurs, and it's just a pain to rinse out, which I normally do to my bag (just a personal preference), but that is not often. I never could have believed that anyone could last 7 days without a major blowout, but I'm living proof. Is it the hernia curvatures or the product line? Please share your thoughts. I am purposely withholding product info for right now because I'm interested in your experiences rather than a product discussion just at first. Plenty of time for a full disclosure soon.

AlexT

I usually change my bag every 4 days but have gone 7 days before without issues.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,663 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SharkFan

I went 8 days last week. When I changed, I saw no seepage. I use the Sensura Mio Click with a wafer. I was home and didn't have to worry about a surprise blowout. This week, after 4 days, I had a "feeling" that I should change. I saw that oozing under the wafer had started. If I had gone to work, I probably would have had an incident later that day. Trust your feelings, especially if insurance is paying for supplies.

SharkFan

Axl

I wish ... three days is my cycle and never been more. I do have some other products to test drive though .........

Ritz

Lol... and I thought from the subject that you were talking about a cruise being at port for 7 days!!!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Little Lulu

I change bags every seven days. I am very lucky that I have had no problems.

Lucy

Fred383
Reply to Little Lulu

It took me 5 years and many blowouts before I found the right appliances. Good for you! We are a rarity.