Long-lasting bags: Hernia or product line?

Replies
Views
Fred383
Nov 20, 2021 4:56 am

Hi, I'm not here to advertise any product. But since getting a melon-sized hernia and switching product lines, I find myself changing ports and bags every other or third day to now often seven days, and tomorrow will be my eighth on this one port. I do change bags out of convenience when severe pancaking occurs, and it's just a pain to rinse out, which I normally do to my bag (just a personal preference), but that is not often. I never could have believed that anyone could last 7 days without a major blowout, but I'm living proof. Is it the hernia curvatures or the product line? Please share your thoughts. I am purposely withholding product info for right now because I'm interested in your experiences rather than a product discussion just at first. Plenty of time for a full disclosure soon.

AlexT
Nov 20, 2021 5:25 am

I usually change my bag every 4 days but have gone 7 days before without issues.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

SharkFan
Nov 20, 2021 5:50 am

I went 8 days last week. When I changed, I saw no seepage. I use the Sensura Mio Click with a wafer. I was home and didn't have to worry about a surprise blowout. This week, after 4 days, I had a "feeling" that I should change. I saw that oozing under the wafer had started. If I had gone to work, I probably would have had an incident later that day. Trust your feelings, especially if insurance is paying for supplies.

SharkFan

Axl
Nov 20, 2021 8:50 am

I wish ... three days is my cycle and never been more. I do have some other products to test drive though .........

Ritz
Nov 20, 2021 1:27 pm

Lol... and I thought from the subject that you were talking about a cruise being at port for 7 days!!!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
Little Lulu
Nov 22, 2021 1:50 am

I change bags every seven days. I am very lucky that I have had no problems.

Lucy

Fred383
Nov 22, 2021 4:57 am
Reply to Little Lulu

It took me 5 years and many blowouts before I found the right appliances. Good for you! We are a rarity.