New Year Blues: Feeling Meh and Apprehensive about 2022

Replies
Views
true_jes

It is a new year and I feel so meh tonight. It's super windy and horrible outside weather-wise. Anyone else just feeling super apprehensive about 2022?

Jes

Cplumber

Nope, feeling blessed to be alive, looking forward to all I can do this new year, finally free of some baggage and ready to live, 2 new grandkids on the way in a few months, weather here is invigorating. -21 degrees with a wind chill of -35. Sorry you feel meh. I will pray for you, at least living in New Mexico you can look forward to heat and hot air balloons to lift your spirits.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,456 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

HenryM

I share your apprehension, Jes, which is well beyond the verbal shrug "meh" and in the vicinity of "holy shit."  If 2022 becomes the Year of Accountability, I'll feel less troubled by what I'm seeing.  BTW, I visited Silver City, N.M. once and loved it, looked at property, but ended up in Utah.  Let's hope for a good year.  Stay well.  HenryM

Past Member

Hi Jes,

A bit (well maybe more than a bit lol) anxious about 2022. I'm still trying to process events from 2020. LOL

Here are some things that get me through the crazy times... Lots of humor! Watching stand-up comics on Netflix can change your mood quickly. I love love love Jim Gaffigan!

Lots of gratitude... for everything! When you really think about it, we (as in folks in North America) have so so much to be grateful for... clean running water, for example.

'Cancel clear' your negative thoughts. Whenever you have negative thoughts, they can kind of become runaway thoughts that can lead to feeling really yucky. So whenever you have a negative thought, just say 'cancel clear' and think a positive thought.

Celebrate being young and alive!

lovely

I agree with Cplumber; we need to look at all the things that have gone well for us. If you look at your life, you will find how many blessings you have. Try to think of the positive things. Best wishes.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
TomFTW

Hi Jes. It's not any fun to be home alone on NYE. I was too, and the front was blowing through here too. It's cold and yucky out there today too. I know it's hard to be positive at times, but you're past the initial phase of getting your ostomy, and you can look forward to enjoying life. Just keep putting yourself out there and make friends. Things will turn around!

Superme

Hi True_Jess! Happy New Year! Feeling meh? We just went from 80-degree weather to freezing overnight. Yeah, it was record-breaking, but I'm not feeling meh! In fact, I am feeling great because I have all my antivirus shots and trying to stay positive that we will beat these viruses. I walk my dog every day and will ride my bike or run with plantar fasciitis when it's the weekend. I don't let my ileostomy get me down because there is so much I still have to enjoy in life. When you say meh, try to say yes! There are so many things to look forward to! Mike

AlexT

Feeling apprehensive? No. Looking forward to a year with no chemotherapy, no radiation, and especially looking forward to not having to run to the bathroom 30 times/day. Can't wait to get back to work, which should be very soon. Keep your spirits up and think about how bad it could be and then think about how good it will be.

Nicky-T

Hi,

At least you weren't stuck on the tram, eh?

I'm in Fort Smith, Arkansas, now, and I still miss the weather in Albaturkey (even after thirty-three years!).

NT

Nicky-T

Hi Jes,

At least you weren't stuck on the tram, eh?

I'm in Fort Smith, Arkansas, now, and I still miss the weather in Albaturkey (even after thirty-three years!).

NT

true_jes

Yeah, that tram thing was crazy! What made it even worse were the insane winds we had that night. Are you from here?

true_jes
Reply to Superme

Hi Mike!

I am a retail manager and this year has been brutal. Hence the meh;)

Warm to freezing overnight would be an adjustment for sure OML.

true_jes
Reply to TomFTW

Hi Tom!

No worries - spirits are fine. Just been a hard holiday and I'm not in a hospital, so I am way happy for!

Jes

Nicky-T
Reply to true_jes

Yes, I lived in Albuquerque from 1976 until 1988. One of the few things that I don't miss is the automobile traffic!

true_jes
Reply to Nicky-T

The traffic is great. Road rage and crackheads are a big problem now. If it wasn't for the weather, I'd flee.

Nicky-T
Reply to true_jes

Jes,

I thought that we were being smart staying below I-40 (same latitude as Abuq.). I've lived in humid climates before, but I guess that my tolerance for high humidity has disappeared. Warm? Sure, but since I carry a swamp cooler on my back, high temperatures never bothered me. But it's so humid HERE that water doesn't stand a CHANCE of evaporating from skin, clothing, or ANYTHING!

Unfortunately, the traffic here has gotten a bit worse in the last several years, but NOT as bad as it was in Albuquerque.