Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,431 members

Feeling just meh

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:11 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

It is a new year and I feel so meh tonight.  Its super windy and horrible outside weather wise.  Anyone else just feeling super apprehensive about 2022?

Jes

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:27 am

Nope, feeling blessed to be alive, looking forward to all I can do this new year, finally free of some baggage and ready to live, 2 new grandkids on the way in a few months, weather here is Invigorating. -21 degrees With a wind chill of -35. Sorry you feel meh. I will pray for you, at least living in New Mexico you can look forward to heat and hot air balloon's to lift your spirits 😁

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,431 members
Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:55 am

I share your apprehension, Jes, which is well beyond the verbal shrug "meh" and in the vicinity of "holy shit."  If 2022 becomes the Year of Accountability, I'll feel less troubled by what I'm seeing.  BTW, I visited Silver City, N.M. once and loved it, looked at property, but ended up in Utah.  Let's hope for a good year.  Stay well.  HenryM


Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:13 am

Hi Jes,

A bit (well maybe more than a bit lol) anxious about 2022. I'm still trying to process events from 2020. 😯 LOL 

Here are some things that get me thru the crazy times...Lots of humor! Watching stand up comics on netflix can change your mood quickly. I love love love Jim Gaffigan! 😁

Lots of gratitude... for everything! When you really think about it we (as in folks in North America) have so so much to be grateful for...clean running water for example. 

'Cancel clear' your negative thoughts. Whenever you have negative thoughts they can kind of become run away thoughts that can lead to feeling really yucky. So whenever you have a negative thought just say 'cancel clear' and think a positive thought. 🙂

Celebrate being young and alive!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:01 pm

I agree with Cplumber we need to look at all the things that gone good for us. If you look at your life you  will find how many blessing you have. Try to think on the positive things. Best wishes

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:25 pm

Hi Jes.  It's not any fun to be home alone on NYE.  I was too and the front was blowing through here too.  It's cold and yucky out there today too.  I know it's hard to be positive at times, but you're past the initial phase of getting your ostomy and you can look forward to enjoying life.  Just  keep putting yourself out there and make friends.  Things will turn around!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:23 pm

Hi True_Jess! Happy New Year! Feeling meh? We just went from 80 degree weather to freezing overnight. Ya it was record breaking but I'm not feeling meh! In fact I am feeling great because I have all my anti virus shots and trying to stay positive that we will beat these viruses. I walk my dog every day and will ride my bike or run with plantar fasciitis when it's the weekend. I don't let my ileostomy get me down because there is so much I still have to enjoy in life. When you say meh try to say yes! There are so many things to look forward to! Mike

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:03 pm

Feeling apprehensive? No. Looking forward to a year with no chemotherapy, no radiation, and especially looking forward to not having to run to the bathroom 30 times/day. Can't wait to get back to work, which should be very soon. Keep your spirits up and think about how bad it could be and then think about how good it will be. 

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:53 am

Hi,

At least you weren't stuck on the tram, eh?

I'm in Fort Smith, Arkansas, now, and I still miss the weather in Albaturkey (even after thirty three years!).

 NT 

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:54 am

Hi Jes,

At least you weren't stuck on the tram, eh?

I'm in Fort Smith, Arkansas, now, and I still miss the weather in Albaturkey (even after thirty three years!).

 NT 

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:47 pm

yeah that tram thing was crazy! What made it even worse were the insane winds we had that night. Are you from here?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:49 pm


Superme wrote:

Hi True_Jess! Happy New Year! Feeling meh? We just went from 80 degree weather to freezing overnight. Ya it was record breaking but I'm not feeling meh! In fact I am feeling great because I have al...

Hi Mike!

I am a retail mgr and this year has been brutal.  Hence the meh;)

Warm to freezing overnight would be an adjustment for sure oml.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:52 pm


TomFTW wrote:

Hi Jes.  It's not any fun to be home alone on NYE.  I was too and the front was blowing through here too.  It's cold and yucky out there today too.  I know it's hard to be positive at times, bu...

Hi Tom!

No worries- spirits fine. Just been a hard holiday and Im not in a hospital so that I am way happy for!

Jes

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:14 pm


true_jes wrote:

yeah that tram thing was crazy! What made it even worse were the insane winds we had that night. Are you from here?

 

Jes, I lived in Albuquerque from 1976 until 1988. One of the few things that I DON'T miss is the automobile traffic!

Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:02 am


Nicky-T wrote:

Jes, I lived in Albuquerque from 1976 until 1988. One of the few things that I DON'T miss is the automobile traffic!

The traffic is great. Road rage and crackheads are a big problem now.  If it wasn't for the weather, I'd flee.

Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:22 pm


true_jes wrote:

The traffic is great. Road rage and crackheads are a big problem now.  If it wasn't for the weather, I'd flee.

Jes,

 I thought that we were being smart staying below I 40 (same latitude as Abuq.). I've lived in humid climates before, but I guess that my tolerance for high humidity has disappeared. Warm? Sure, but since I carry a swamp cooler on my back high temperatures never bothered me but it's so humid HERE that water doesn't stand a CHANCE of evaporating from skin, clothing, or ANYTHING!

Unfortunately the traffic here has gotten a bit worse in the last several years, but NOT as bad as it was in Albuquerque. 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours