Has anyone tried the Osto-EZ-Vent by KEM ENTERPRISES?

Replies
Views
Abefroman1969

Has anyone tried using these devices? The Osto-EX-Vent made by KEM ENTERPRISES?

It looks like it helps to release the ballooning that many of us have issues with. It attaches to an ostomy pouch with a gas valve and for an ostomy product, it is honestly quite reasonably priced.

This is them and what they look like.

https://www.vitalitymedical.com/kem-enterprises-osto-ez-vent.html

Past Member

Good morning Paul, I have not tried them yet. I was thinking of it though. I will wait for your review now.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Abefroman1969
Reply to Anonymous

I have no idea yet how to order supplies or from whom yet. I have the info and an in-home once a week stoma nurse. I'm hoping she will help me out and guide me through the insurance and ordering process.

Meanwhile, I have absolutely ZERO patience for these kinds of things, so I went on eBay and got them for $1.50 each, 10-pack. That should be about 5 weeks' worth. I'll take that deal. The seller has excellent free shipping speeds.

I should have them early next week and will try and figure out how to use them first. Then I'll get to effectiveness and if it's worth it. Just trying it is worth it to me. I had to burp my pouch a lot last night, and that's getting old quick.

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

I hope they work for you! I've woken up before with a big balloon on my tummy too! Yikes!

Cplumber

Yes. I use them. They work great! A little trick: mount it as high as possible on your pouch and off-center of your ostomy. It helps them not to clog as much, but the clogging only happens when I get past day 5 of wearing my pouch.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Past Member
Reply to Cplumber

Thanks, good to know.

Abefroman1969
Reply to Cplumber

Does insurance cover the cost normally? Or is this an out-of-pocket expense?

drew400

I've been using them for a couple of years and find they work well for releasing gas buildup. Much more convenient and faster than removing the clip and doing it that way. I have Medicare and they pay for them. The only thing is it takes a tiny bit of preparation to apply them to a pouch. The manufacturer says to wipe the area of the pouch you'll apply it to with 91 isopropyl alcohol in order to kind of remove the shine from the material so they will stick better. I also use a hair dryer to heat them up a little to make them stick better. The manufacturer also suggests that after applying to the pouch to let them sit a day or so before using the pouch. I prepare several at a time to always have a bunch of pouches ready.

Abefroman1969
Reply to drew400

Thanks, Drew,

How did you know I was going to ignore the directions?
I really appreciate the walkthrough. I can see I would have messed it up. I'll be taking your advice!

Abefroman1969
Reply to drew400

I'm also in MA, I live on the South Shore about 5 miles from the rock!