Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,936 members

Food

Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:02 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Hi Everyone ! I am Almost 10 weeks out from my Ileostomy and Haven't had a Burger and Fries yet !!! Is it safe to eat these !?!? # Starving !! Lol

Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:20 am

Here's my most complex answer:  YES!!

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,936 members
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:22 am

Addendum:  Chew it up real good.  Don't overdo on the fries.  I find that potatoes in most every guise thickens me up, but not so much that it keeps me from eating them.  Enjoy.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:25 am

Good question! Get my permanent ileostomy in 5 days!

Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:20 am

Hermit wrote:

Good Luck 🍀 

Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:07 pm

Miss Worrier wrote:

Good Luck 🍀 

Tks!

Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:29 pm

HenryM wrote:

Addendum:  Chew it up real good.  Don't overdo on the fries.  I find that potatoes in most every guise thickens me up, but not so much that it keeps me from eating them.  Enjoy.

Same with potatoes. 🥔🍟 Definitely thicken things up. 

Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:57 pm

I would be cautious if your burger has tomato, lettuce, or relish on it.  Make sure you chew really well, and wash it down with lots of fluids.  Enjoy!

Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:49 pm

Hell Yes!

About the same time after ileo surgery that's exactly the food I craved too!  Or to be precise, a double bacon and cheeseburger, fries AND a serve of onion rings washed down with a chocolate thickshake! 

Congratulations on getting your appetite back, that's one of the best feelings ever. 

Bon appetit! 

Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:58 pm

HenryM wrote:

Thank you !!

Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:32 pm

Hermit wrote:

Best of luck to you 

😇

Axl
Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:44 pm

I had exactly that last night for dinner ..

Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:55 am

Hi Miss when i had resection surgery a few years ago i had my wife to get a kids meal burger and fries from BK and boy did that hit the spot, but like others said chew real well and drink alot with it.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:24 pm

HenryM wrote:

I have an ileolstomy since 2012 - 04 - 20, and I eat everything, however due to problems with my teeth (due to 6 molnths of radiation) I use cashews etc. in a smoolthie in a blender.
The key is tol drink lolts olf fluids (mostly water), never have had dehydratioln issues, even tholugh several medicines (diabetes, blooldpresure) dol cause dehydration.
I gave up being a paid member, so I can only comment. You can message me if you like.

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:58 am

HenryM wrote:

I stopped on the way home from having my illeostomy done,(about a month after receiving this monster)best burger I ever had!

Double cheeseburger and fries @McDonalds! Haven't been in McDonalds since!

jb

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.