Dealing with Life's Curveballs: Updates and Reconnecting

Replies
Views
w30bob

Guess who? Been a long time, eh? Life sure has a way of keeping one busy, now doesn't it? I know I said I was back, but it wasn't to be. Just not enough hours in a day I suppose. But I think I can make some time to hang with you good folks.........but no promises this time. So.........last time we chatted I was dealing with my friend and his adventure in drug rehab. That actually went pretty well, all things considered. And just as I thought the smoke was clearing from that one..........he pulled me aside and told me he had prostate cancer. And it had metastasized to his back........and he decided to just ride it out instead of doing the medical thing. UGGGHH! That same afternoon another friend told me he has a lump on his lung.......is this nuts or what? So I had to have a long chat with friend #1, then get him all the info on prostate cancer and what he could do about it at this point. Got him in touch with the cancer treatment folks at both Hopkins and Georgetown, and he's working on a plan. Friend #2 is a bit more stubborn, so he's a work in progress. Then to top it all off, friend #3, a guy I life-coach, got a notification at work that his performance sucks. It's because his mental faculties are degrading, but I had to jump into that one as well and put that fire out before it got ugly. He's a little less urgent problem, but he requires a lot of attention, so you can see why I just don't spend a lot of time in online forums. But I will say that these guys sure made me forget about my shitbag and how it sucks to have one. The good news is I've fully mastered getting 2 hours of sleep a night and I can get a heck of a lot more done now........so win-win.

Ostomy-wise I'll catch up on what's been going on here by reading the posts I've missed......and there must be a ton of them, and then I've got a few things to post about so I can get back in the rotation, so to speak. Hope you're all doing well.........it looks like this place has changed a little bit.....might have to re-familiarize myself too. Don't know if I'll be able to jump on here every night........but hopefully a couple of times a week. Funny, but the theme from Welcome Back Kotter just started playing in my head..........go figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI

Ok, back in a flash!!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman!

;O)

Cplumber

Bob who? No worries, lots of folks have been filling the gap. Good to hear you're okay.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,371 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cplumber

From your profile picture, you found a great plastic surgeon

Past Member

Welcome back, Bob!

Bill

Hello Bob and welcome back.

Thanks for filling us in  on what you have been up to, it makes for interesting reading and sounds very useful, productive and distracting.

The last time I took a  somewhat forced break away from here, I thought it would be too daunting to try to catch up with past posts, so I simply started afresh, which was a lot less stressful.

Best wishes

Bill   

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ritz

Welcome back for your short period, Bob. Glad to hear that you're still okay and many prayers for your friends.
Ritzer

w30bob
Reply to Cplumber

Hi C!

Yeah, you like that pic? I got tired of identifying as a black pregnant woman, since the benefits finally ran out........so now I'm feeling all blonde and sexy with a potato chip fetish. Much thanks to all my liberal friends for getting those gender roadblocks removed.......cuz I never know what gender I want to identify myself as each morning.....and it's nice to have choices!! And best of all....no plastic surgery required! Ahhhh.......life is good!

:O)

iMacG5

Welcome back, Bob.

Mike