Useful Travel Cards for Summer Adventures!

Replies
Views
SallyK

Ahhh, summer is almost here. Time to have some fun. Anyone have any travel plans?

Here are a couple of travel cards that might come in handy.

Printable Traveller's Communication Card: https://www.ostomycanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Travellers-Card-2015.pdf

Printable Ostomy Travel Certificate in multiple languages: https://www.securicaremedical.co.uk/media/Travel-Certificate.pdf

Meadow Snow

These look useful, thankfully Coloplast already sent me one without my needing to ask them.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,467 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK
Reply to Meadow Snow

Lucky you!

bowsprit

I have traveled many times since my colostomy, never luckily needed those cards though I am sure they could be very useful at times. When departing, my people have been very understanding. All I tell them is that I have had an operation and they let me pass. Actually, there are better chances of something unpleasant happening here than a lot of other places, and the checking procedures are very stringent. In international airports, only once was I taken to a room for an inspection. I think my mustache had something to do with that, but seriously there are other things to observe before boarding that aircraft. What you eat is very important, the less the better, and alcohol can increase output so stay away. Bon voyage.

RaenotRay

I'm dreaming of warmer places, but alas, no travel plans. How about you, Sally?

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
SallyK
Reply to RaenotRay

Fingers crossed, I make it to North Carolina this year.