Opinions on Attiva Flushable Ostomy Pouch Liners?

Replies
Views
SallyK

Does anyone use pouch liners such as 'Attiva Flushable Ostomy Pouch Liners'? I was wondering if they are worth the extra time to use them. Thanks!

HenryM

I never have pouch leakage, so I don't see a need for such a product.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK

I think they are more for controlling the smell as well as making it easier to clean your pouch.

AlexT

Not something I'd want to put down my home plumbing pipes personally. Maybe in public places where pipes are bigger and there's more water flow. Don't really see a benefit to using them.

AlexT

I had to look them up to really see what/how they actually work. Seems they would be more for closed pouch systems. To me, it looks like a hassle to use and an added cost (for those that have to pay for supplies). I found this on a site and a person would definitely want to make sure of where they're going after you flush......

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
TerryLT

I don't know anything about these things, but I'm a little suspect about the 'flushable' claim, like Alex said. I have a plumber friend who told me that so-called 'flushable' wipes should really not be flushed. Same thing might apply here.

Terry

Audrey Warren
Reply to HenryM

Liners would be used by ostomates lucky enough to empty output and keep pouch clean. After disposing of the soiled one, you replace it with a clean one. I'd love to be able to use them because they avoid any mess but more importantly keep the filter clean, thus avoiding ballooning.

However, I would not flush them but discard them in a small plastic bag.

AlexT

Personally, I can't envision pulling the liner bag out of a regular pouch with it full of output.

BaoBoo

I just asked my nurse and she said better do not flush to your toilet because it is better to dispose of as waste. And even the ColoMajic company one, not recommended to flush.

I am buying this product because I have a lot of time in the bathroom to simply clean the pouch, and the pouch has a strong smell that will linger for many days. It also gets attached to the clothes, so I decide the small cost and no need to buy so many boxes of pouches. Another issue is when you are at outdoor festivals, you cannot easily find a private place to empty your waste. And waiting for the toilets takes almost an hour long. So, it is beneficial to have when traveling and partying. (Still put some baby oil to let the BM come down quickly)

Share to you.

Luckyinlife

I had my colostomy in May due to a blockage. I just started using pouch liners because I found emptying my pouch messy and time-consuming. I have less odor with the liner. They are great when out and about. It's easier to carry a couple of liners instead of pouches. I do not flush them when at home. I keep a roll of doggy poop bags in the bathroom. If the liner is full, I empty it in the toilet and dispose of the liner in the doggie bag and dispose of it in the trash.