Soft and Stretchy Hip Wrap with Silicone Edging Recommendations

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Daria Luna

Can anyone recommend a hip wrap, the kind that resembles a tube top, but is worn around the hips and covers the back. I have some tops not long enough to hide it and I don't tuck it into my pants because it's uncomfortable. I'm looking for the kind that's very soft and stretchy, and has the silicone edging so it stays in place. When I look online, the descriptions are not always specific and I've already wasted money on 2 that don't work for me.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cplumber

Check into Stealth Belt. Google it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
eefyjig

I got some maternity bands from Target several years ago. I used them to hold my bag closer to my body during yoga classes so it wouldn't make so much noise during certain moves.

Axl

I used bicycle riding shorts under my uniform when I was training, Lycra and something else, plenty of stretch and a high waist, worked perfectly.

Bill

I tried the tube type wraps but found that they only fitted well for a very short time before they stretched to be far too loose - and then there was little I could do to rectify the problem (an expensive mistake). Hence, I decided that the solution would be a belt that was open-ended and fixed with velcro so that each time I put it on I could adjust the tightness to suit my needs.

Eventually I found a firm that made what I wanted, and they were CIU international. They sent me a booklet with pictures of all sorts of different designs, which I found helpful. they also were willing to make me a belt to my own specification (what more could I ask)? I've been using them ever since and they suit me fine. They only last a year or two before the elastic becomes useless, but I think that is more to do with our washing machine than it is to do with the material.

I'm a firm believer in having stuff made to measure, especially if you know what you want and want them made to your own design.

Try having a look on their website: www.cuiwear.com 

They are based in the UK but as they call themselves 'international', I presume that they would export abroad.

Best wishes

Bill

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT

Ostomysecrets wraps. They'll loosen a bit if you wear them multiple days but will tighten back up when you wash them. I wear one every day at work now that it's colder and I got more layers on. I wore a StealthBelt when it was warmer outside. I wash my wraps once a week.

clair.crowley83

SilOstomy wraps are the only thing I've found that fit me properly. My stoma is very low down so it's been tricky to find anything that helps/fits well under trousers.

Delsol93

I use the Stealth Belt. Pricey but worth it. Actually bought two. One for working outside and one for everyday and play.
Love it. Good luck!

Delsol93

I use the Stealth Belt. Pricey but worth it. Actually bought two. One for working outside and one for everyday and play.
Love it. Good luck!

Carol N
Reply to eefyjig

I found "maternity belly bands" on Amazon. I really like them. I like to wear my urostomy bag outside, but want it hidden. These come in packs of 3 - 1 white, 1 gray, and 1 black. I put on my pants, then wear the maternity wrap over the bag. (Maddie Moo Belly Band Seamless Maternity and Postpartum Shirt Extenders, Cotton, Medium - Black, Heather Gray and White, Pack of 3 at Amazon)