Recommendation for Coloplast Pouch without Filter?

Replies
Views
guliajulia1971

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a pouch that does not have a filter and is completely sealed with the exception of where it couples to the wafer.

Currently, I am using a two-piece system. The pouch is a Coloplast 50 mm SenSura Click (#10165). The baseplate is the SenSure Click Convex light (#11022).

I've gotten very good at maintaining a good seal of the baseplate to my skin. I change it every second or third day. Rarely these days do I ever have a seal break from my skin. I always click the pouch lock to make sure it is not going anywhere and making a good seal at the baseplate.

The problem I'm having with it is that even though the pouch has a charcoal filter, it's not that reliable. Sometimes I'll be in a room and even though my bag is barely full, all of a sudden this horrible smell somehow manages to start to show up even though the filter is still dry.

I would honestly rather have zero filter, and then every once in a while slide out to the bathroom to empty the air out of it as needed. The "straw that broke the camel's back" in making me want to finally go this route was at a recent social gathering. One of my friends who is also a parent went to go check their kid's diaper thinking they needed to be changed. Then they pop back up and say to their spouse "no, his diaper is clean, I wonder where that smell is coming from???"

UGH!!!!! Me. Gross.

So does anybody know of a similar pouch, preferably by Coloplast, that does not have a filter? Everything else I've done is pretty reliable. Thankfully, the adhesive and the skin prep provide a good bond with their baseplates.

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide!

Beth22

Hi there,

I myself am a Coloplast user, and I can't use filters either. Coloplast makes them filterless. Just call them and ask for some samples, and they will send them. The product number will be on a sheet inside with your samples. Some of the filterless bags might be with a transparent bag; you have to ask. I do know that the one you're using comes filterless in a transparent bag for sure. I don't remember if the covered ones are, but if that's the case, just use a bag cover. That's how I do it. Hopefully that helps.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,375 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ben38

If you're happy with the bag apart from the filter, can you just put the filter cover sticker over the filter to block it that is usually supplied in the box with them or if not use a piece of sellotape over it.

As we say over here in the UK, "whoever smelt it dealt it," I would put the blame on your friends for what they could smell, act all innocent as if you can't smell anything lol.

TerryLT

I use a pouch with a filter, simply because Hollister doesn't make that particular pouch without one, but the solution is easy. Just put a piece of waterproof tape (3M Transpore) over the filter. Not only will it block any smell from getting out, but it will prevent any output from leaking out, which has happened to me.

Terry

Hairdresser

You can try deodorant drops as well! I know those saved me once I found that! I won't go anywhere without a few drops in my pouch.

Good luck! Happy New Year!!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
guliajulia1971

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I will call the company to see if they can hook me up with some filter list pouches.

For those that use tape over the filter, do you put the tape on the inside of the pouch over the filter? Because when I feel it from the outside it looks like the "cloth-like" cover might be hard to stick tape to.

Thank you again!