Gram-positive Cockeye(?)

In this discussion
Replies
Views
ChristopherDL

I'm just wondering if after an ileostomy or any other procedure, anyone else got a bug called gram-positive cockeye growing in their blood? I had my stoma for 3 weeks, then suddenly couldn't move. I was immobilized for 2 weeks before I went back to the hospital where they said I have a bug in my blood. Luckily, it's being killed by antibiotics so I get out in a week. I'm just curious if this is a bit common or just my bad luck?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

beatrice

Nope, didn't get that... but sure felt cockeyed after my surgery - sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, sounds very bad... all the best to you for a speedy recovery. There are so many bugs and germs in hospitals, the sooner you are out the better IMHO.

I was in isolation with C-Diff - another common hospital germ (not just hosp, but it loves to hang out there).

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate