Congratulations on 50 Years!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

Not being certain whether you're referencing your age, how long you've had a stoma, or how many years you've been married, I congratulate you on whichever it is.  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

TerryLT

What was??

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
SallyK

Past Member

What happened 50 years ago, Vincenzo? Definitely not your birthday or stomaversary (doubt if you'd celebrate that mofo anyway!). Maybe the picture didn't upload because you're using a Mac?!

Bread, milk, and petrol were pretty cheap, hey!

SallyK

Well, never mind then.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
jeanneskindle

The queen visited Australia???

Past Member

The only thing I can find for the 28th of February in Oz history is:"the moment the Whitlam Government made the dole enough to live on" or "voting/legal age decreased from 21 to 18".

Three cheers for the young dole bludgers getting on the piss!

Was hoping it was the sacking of the Whitlam government (but that was 1975), only in Australia could a comedian be the star attraction at a major political event!

veejay

So true Jo.....I tried to upload the album cover of "Dark Side of the Moon" but it didn't work. Obviously don't know what I'm doing!

Anyhoo, 1 March 1973 saw "Dark Side of the Moon" released.

It is still a timeless classic and a huge selling record for Pink Floyd, not to mention the album cover. Brilliant artwork.

Loved Norman Gunston back in the day.

He once asked Muhammad Ali if he could buy him a "duty-free" transistor when he was in Manila for a fight.

True story and so Australian.

Keep well.

V.J.

Past Member

But of course, should have thought of the music from 1973 first, it's Us and Them after all!

veejay

Funny Jo, last Sunday morning ABC Radio played the entire album Australia wide.

Listened to it as I was doing my paper round.

Turned over to the ABC by pure accident but it was more than worth it.

Don't know if I woke anyone up. Couldn't help but crank it up.

AlexT

I was 4, a milestone in my life.

StPetie

What an album that is. A lot of Floyd fans prefer The Wall or Animals. And those are great albums. Love them both. But I'm a DSOTM guy all the way. Sales and chart time tell the tale.

SallyK

veejay

That's what I call a cake! Brilliant