Help! Dealing with Leaking Faeces and Soreness

Replies
Views
jenaustin26

I am leaking faeces/mucus from bottom and have peri/anus wound and am already sore from wound healing very very slowly but now have nappy rash which is causing the wound to start breaking down as it is faecal matter coming out. The doctor has given me cream but I am constantly having to wash and can't go out due to the amount leaking as it's liquidy. I am so sore. Anyone got any suggestions?

Primeboy

Did you see a different stoma nurse as we suggested in chat earlier this week? You won't get better results unless you change what you're doing.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lottagelady

As you know, I was in this same situation for almost 12 years.... I found the best thing by far was Sudocrem.... a bloody big tub of it!

Rach xx

Pami 22

So sorry to hear you are suffering so badly, don't know that I will be much help to you as I am having the same kind of problems but maybe it will help you to know that you are not alone. I too have an anal wound, an anal fissure/tear hence reason for colostomy. Recently I have resorted to using TENA Lady nappy type pants as the leaking has been so bad. It seems to not only have irritated my wound, given me nappy rash but also given me a urine infection because of the contamination. I am at the end of my tether. I got a stoma to give the rectal problems a chance to rest and heal, yet I still go to the toilet, it leaks causing pain and irritation or makes me feel like I should constantly need to sit on the toilet due to the feeling of something being there. But sometimes nothing comes out and there is no relief. The past couple of days I have tried to remove the bag for an hour covering the stoma with inco pads and towels to try and stop the flow seeping through the loop that leads to the rectum. Not the most practical or comfortable solution and haven't noticed a difference yet but I am at a loss as to what else to do. Maybe someone out there can offer us some advice. I go to see my GP on Monday again so will let you know if she has any ideas. In the meantime, you could try having a warm bath and then placing a swab or two between your cheeks, this seems to help with the nappy rash rubbing for a little while. Anyway, rant/moan over with, sorry about that but couldn't believe it when I saw your story.. It is totally true when people say on this site that others know what you are going through and have the same problems. Take care and please feel free to send me a personal message/wink etc if I can be of any use. If anyone else has a similar problem or any suggestions, please let us know. Thank you. Pami XXX

Pami 22

P.S. I am sorry about the state of my post. I do not know what is wrong with this iPhone. I think it is possessed. Anyway, I hope you can all make sense of it. XX

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Bosco

Had similar symptoms with fistulas as a result of Crohn's. I had everything removed (colon, rectum). It was a tough decision but the best decision I ever made. New life! No drainage, no pain, no restrictions! Talk to your doctor!

nodwell

Hi, after I had my ileo. reversal last July, I was the same. It was as if I'd eaten a vindaloo the night before. Good quality baby wipes and plenty of Sudocrem worked a treat. Best of luck x