I should stay calm and maybe sane
if free from harmful stress and strain.

This has been a struggle for me
to juggle with my ostomy
and all the stress and strain that brings
on top of all life’s other things.

B. Withers 2013

Angelicamarie

Well said. Very interesting blog. Have a great evening, Bill.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Thanks Angelicamarie. It is gratifying when people comment on the verses because it at least shows that they have been read. of course, it is even better when folks like yourself express an interest and/or enjoyment.
Best wishes
Bill
paulaAZ

Great prose, Bill ... It certainly explains the emotional turmoil we go through from time to time and hopefully less and less as time goes on. Thanks for sharing!

Paula

Silveradokid

Love your writings, Bill. If I might add my own refrain:

I try not to dwell
on this now usual hell,

For it's a blessing to be
alive and pain-free...

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Susanne

That is so well said, great writing.

Bill
Hello Paula.
Thank you for your comments and I'm gratified that you appreciated the verse. from my own experience, the stress and strain does abate over time. To be replaced by concern - over every pain that manifests itself it that region, just in case the original complaint returns of is replaced with something worse. The concern only subsides once the root of the problem is identified. In my case it's usually trapped wind!
Best wishes
Bill
Bill
Hello Silveradokid. Thank you for your post and I very much appreciate your rhyme. It's a pity that my 'di-line rhyme on stomas' booklet has already been printed, otherwise I would have asked if I could have included your rhyme with mine for publication.
Best wishes
Bill
Bill
Hello Susanne.
Thank you for your comment and support. It is always such an inspiring and exhilarating feeling when folks like yourself let me know that you had enjoyed and appreciated my writing as this indicates that it was not only appropriate to my own situation and lets us know that we are not alone with this condition and its ripple effects.
Best wishes
Bill
Mrs.A

Stress comes in so many ways. Keep pushing on and it will eventually be behind us, until we turn around and meet it head on again! Great poem, Bill.

Bill
Thanks for your comments Mrs.A. You are quite right about pushing on and it tending to be cyclical. I am more fortunate than most in that I need a bit of stress to keep my blood pressure up, otherwise it can fall dangerously low.
Best wishes Bill
Bill
Hello Charlotte. Thank you so much for your complimentary comments. I understood and appreciated every word! Having been there and done that.
I have literally hundreds of poems on the subject of stress in one form or another, often leading to depression. We need to stay positive and look for ways forward in these unfortunate psychological situations because, if we don't, the condition very often progresses on it's own negative path. I try to find a distraction and writing about it tend to provide that at the same time as allowing me the opportunity to clarify what is going on and formulate alternative solutions. It doesn't always work but most times it does and it leaves me with a written record of what works and what doesn't.
Great to hear from you again!
Best wishes
Bill
Head

Very nice. I really enjoy your writing. You capture things so well.

Bill
Thanks Head. It helps a lot to know that there are people who appreciate the time and effort pujt into this type of writing.
Best wishes
Bill
Ewesful

I enjoy watching for Bill's comments and input plus the poetry!!

Bill
Hello Ewesful. Thank you for commenting so kindly about my input to this site. Without that sort of feedback, we never really know whether our correspondence is appreciated or not.
Best wishes
Bill