7 Years Strong: Celebrating Life with an Ostomy!

Replies
Views
cruiseguy

7 years ago today my life changed forever... I realize now that I probably wouldn't be here today without the lifesaving surgery I had on November 16th, 2012! It's been a long road filled with plenty of setbacks and challenges. But I have learned to live with and accept my ostomy and move forward and be happy and grateful to be alive. Even though my life has changed, I still try to enjoy it just as much as I did before my surgery. I know a lot of my family and friends will never truly understand what it's like living with an ostomy, but it's nice to know that I have a community full of people like all of you that do. I hope you are all doing well and that you are feeling just as blessed today and every day to be alive because of your lifesaving ostomy surgery!

Bill
Hello cruiseguy.
Thanks for your very positive post and I hope a lot of people get inspiration from it.
Best wishes and Happy stomaversary!
Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,475 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

newyorktorque

Happy Stomaversary, cruiseguy!

Puppyluv56

Hey Marc!
Happy Stomaversary!! Will get a mail message off to you this week. Cruise was great!
Puppyluv

lovely

Happy Stomaversary. I feel the same way.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
ChrisP

And from me: I wish you many more of them, because life is good! (Especially when you consider the alternative LOL!)

paulaAZ

Loved your post. I am writing this from my cabin while on a cruise. It is fabulous to travel with really no worries at all since 11.10.2015 for me.

Newstom
Happy Stomaversary!
cruiseguy

Thank you everyone for your kind words and well wishes! You made my day!