7 Years Strong: Celebrating Life with an Ostomy!

Replies
Views
cruiseguy
Nov 16, 2019 6:26 pm

7 years ago today my life changed forever... I realize now that I probably wouldn't be here today without the lifesaving surgery I had on November 16th, 2012! It's been a long road filled with plenty of setbacks and challenges. But I have learned to live with and accept my ostomy and move forward and be happy and grateful to be alive. Even though my life has changed, I still try to enjoy it just as much as I did before my surgery. I know a lot of my family and friends will never truly understand what it's like living with an ostomy, but it's nice to know that I have a community full of people like all of you that do. I hope you are all doing well and that you are feeling just as blessed today and every day to be alive because of your lifesaving ostomy surgery!

Bill
Nov 16, 2019 7:10 pm
Hello cruiseguy.
Thanks for your very positive post and I hope a lot of people get inspiration from it.
Best wishes and Happy stomaversary!
Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

newyorktorque
Nov 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Happy Stomaversary, cruiseguy!

Puppyluv56
Nov 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Hey Marc!
Happy Stomaversary!! Will get a mail message off to you this week. Cruise was great!
Puppyluv

lovely
Nov 17, 2019 4:54 am

Happy Stomaversary. I feel the same way.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Play
ChrisP
Nov 18, 2019 8:18 pm

And from me: I wish you many more of them, because life is good! (Especially when you consider the alternative LOL!)

paulaAZ
Nov 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Loved your post. I am writing this from my cabin while on a cruise. It is fabulous to travel with really no worries at all since 11.10.2015 for me.

Newstom
Nov 19, 2019 4:04 am
Happy Stomaversary!
cruiseguy
Nov 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words and well wishes! You made my day!