I'm new to this so please bear with me. I had a emergency Illeostomy 4 months ago because of grumbling Diverticulitis. I had the Gastrograffin enema 2 days ago. I have pain on the left side where the i presume the join is and where the Diverticulitis pain was. Iam still releasing some of the enema still. The Radiologist wouldn't give me the results and said i will see my surgeon. I spoke to the Stoma nurse this morning and he said i won't see the Surgeon for results, i will remain on the waiting list for reversal if all is ok or be called if it's not. How am i supposed to get my results? i'm obviously keen to know what's going on within my body and if all is well. Another hurdle out of the way.
I spoke to a different Stoma nurse a few weeks ago and she said they can write to the Surgeon in a few months regarding the reversal. The Stoma nurse this morning said they wont. I keep getting conflicting information.
Iam really anxious for the reversal but really want to have it done but i don't want to wait 2 years. I was told this might be the case. I fully understand there are people more in need than me and ofcourse come first.
I feel in like i'm in limbo though. The Stoma nurse this morning suggested private and seemed unhelpful, basically tuff, wait your turn.
I would definately go private if i could afford it. Just feel a bit deflated by it all and it feels like a battle just to get the Radiology results or any hint of an idea when i can get my reversal.
Thankyou for liatening. Any replies woukd be much appreciated regarding similar experiences on the NHS