Best Supplemental Adhesive Brands for Ostomy Appliances?

Replies
Views
Ostomate & woundr

Some ostomates use supplemental adhesive to help give their appliance a longer wear time or in some cases to hold an appliance on at all. Does anyone out there use supplemental adhesives? If so, which brands have you found to be particularly useful and helpful, or ones that were useless.

The ones that I am most aware of in alphabetical order are:

Mastisol

Nu-Hope's

Perma-type's

Skin Tac

Torbot's

Uro-bond.

FYI, most of these agents have a solvent that sells separately.

AlexT

I've used the discontinued Hollister stuff on the cloth edge before, otherwise haven't used any of those products.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,679 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

When Hollister stopped producing 7730 I experimented with a few prosthetic adhesives. Most of them were much the same as each other but I finally decided to 'stick' with Pro-Bond.

In fact, I have found that the technique of applying it with a brush (provided),  is much more convenient than the spray, which tended to get onto places that I would rather it hadn't!

Best wishes
Bill

OverWithThisOstomy-Maria
Reply to AlexT

Did it work well for you?

OverWithThisOstomy-Maria
Reply to AlexT

OMG thank you so much...for almost a week now all of a sudden on the right side and on the bottom only I've had leakage and I tried everything I knew and nothing worked until I saw this idea with the paste around the cloth part and since then it's no longer leaking!!!!! Thank you so very much

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
OU812

Hi. I've never used any supplemental adhesive products listed, but I do always apply paper tape around all 4 sides of my barrier (my ostomy nurse called it "picture-framing" it) when I change my bag (usually every 4-5 days). The paper tape gives me some extra adhesive security and has the added benefit of allowing me to see the start of a barrier breach through the white tape before I actually have a full-blown leak to deal with; so I have some extra time to remedy the situation. I've been doing this for 5 years now and it's truly been a life saver for me.

Jeanniepatz
Reply to OverWithThisOstomy-Maria

Hello! Can you tell me more about the paste that you use????