Upcoming Ileostomy Reversal: Grateful for Support

Replies
Views
Celia1552

Just left surgeon's office, reversal scheduled for July 10! It has taken two and a half years to get to this point.... My thanks to all of you who have shared your stories of reversal surgery to help me understand and prepare for this! This site has been such a blessing!

AlexT

You sure you wanna go back to the "dark" side?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Celia1552
Reply to AlexT

Yes! I want to give it my best try...

AlexT
Reply to Celia1552

I was just kidding. Good luck.

Celia1552
Reply to AlexT

I know you were kidding, Alex! You are always very encouraging! The bantering is one of the things that make this site so positive! Miss your cartoons and funny stuff pics!

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
CrappyColon

Celia, I have a good reversal song for you. Gonna message you the meme though because some of the lyrics of the entire song might be offensive.

AlexT
Reply to Celia1552

I posted a find this thing yesterday but the picture was so blurry, a person couldn't see what to look for, so I deleted it. ‍ I'll find something one of these days and post it.

Celia1552

You seem to find the best things...! I am planning to decorate my palm trees with lights this Christmas and keep a straight face!

CrappyColon

Here you go

Celia1552
Reply to CrappyColon

LOL!

eefyjig

Best of luck, Celia!

Celia1552
Reply to eefyjig

Thank you!!!

Axl

Good for you, I hope you get all you wish for.

Celia1552
Reply to Axl

Thank you, Axl!

Ostomate & woundr

I would rather you be prepared than discouraged. Remember that the part of your gut that has not been used no longer has a population of microorganisms that we use to help us digest our food. You're going to experience some discomfort in the way of... frequency... likely diarrhea and yes, some pain. Go slowly as your doctor recommends and advance foods slowly as tolerated. Please only one at a time. Ask your surgeon which moisture barrier he prefers that you be allowed to use and how soon to use it. Once he gives the okay, make sure to use it liberally at first. It will save you a lot of pain in the ass. I recommend reading what to expect from previous recipients of takedown in the comments section so that you can be prepared. https://www.ostomy.org/facts-ostomy-reversals/

Celia1552
Reply to Ostomate & woundr

Thank you for the additional information as I have already read everything I found on this site (probably twice!). I covered those questions with my surgeon yesterday! I sure appreciate your help!

Renfromtexas

I'm doing great after my reversal ileostomy surgery on February 15th... The only thing is I still have diarrhea, but it's still better than the ostomy!!! Remember to bring baby wipes and butt paste to the hospital and get yourself some Preparation H... They also have wipes... Make sure to use the butt paste.

Renfromtexas
Reply to AlexT

You changed your profile photo! Hope you are well!

Celia1552

Thank you, Ren! I will get some Prep H too! I didn't know about having that on hand. I have already packed the baby wipes and butt paste and will look for Prep H wipes too. I sure appreciate the advice! Thank you for sharing your journey, it has been so good to hear first-hand information!

AlexT
Reply to Renfromtexas

I did. Scrappy is much cuter than my ugly face. I'm doing great, thanks.

Daisy2023

How are you recovering from your surgery? I am hoping for one myself but it's not looking likely. Wish you all the best with how yours came out.

clair.crowley83

I'm now two days post ileostomy reversal op and beginning to fear what's coming. No movement yet, other than some gurgles.

Past Member
Reply to clair.crowley83

Hi I’m the same number of days out from my reversal as you. I too have gurgles but no movement. I’m more worried about it not starting up again as my colon has been resting for 18 months!!!

Renfromtexas
Reply to AlexT

Your ugly face is better than Scrappy any day lololol😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣