Coloplast Without Barrier Ring?

Replies
Views
MairiC
Jun 23, 2023 9:08 pm

Hey, anyone who uses Coloplast... my pharmacy failed to reorder my supplies so now I have to wait until Monday for delivery. I am completely out of barrier rings but I have a couple of one-piece pouches. I'm currently wearing a Convatec one-piece that I had received as a sample a long time ago. I hate it, it's peeling off at the edges and my skin is getting itchy. Has anyone used Coloplast base plates without a barrier ring? Feeling miserable and Monday feels like a long way off :(

CrappyColon
Jun 23, 2023 9:46 pm

Any chance you have any paste and/or Hollihesive?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Teebull
Jun 24, 2023 2:39 am

I have used the Coloplast 2-piece in the past without a barrier ring. As long as it fits your stoma well, it should be fine.

Bryce
Jun 24, 2023 2:56 am

Hi - I have used Coloplast without the barrier ring for short (couple of days) periods of time with some success. Just make sure you run your finger around the outside circle of the stoma so you have a good seal. Good luck until Monday! Bryce

Beth22
Jun 24, 2023 3:16 am

I wear Coloplast one-piece currently and I don't use barrier rings. Cut the wafer like you do with any other appliance to fit your stoma and warm it up (a blow dryer works awesome), or you can hold it between your hands to warm it. Once it's warm, take the paper off the back, put it on, and for me, I like to hold it, making sure it's down everywhere and stuck around the stoma and edges, and it's nice and warm.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
MairiC
Jun 24, 2023 11:27 am
Reply to Teebull

So far, so good!

MairiC
Jun 24, 2023 11:28 am
Reply to Bryce

Thanks, Bryce! So far so good, skin is feeling much better and so far seem to have a good seal :)

MairiC
Jun 24, 2023 11:29 am
Reply to Beth22

Thank you for the tips! So far so good :)

Beth22
Jun 24, 2023 12:45 pm
Reply to MairiC

Of course ... And sweet deal. I am glad it's going good.

Justbreathe
Jun 24, 2023 12:46 pm

I love this website! Folks are so willing to help. It has made my "ostomy life" much easier - the doctors and ostomy nurses of the world cannot begin to provide the information that is shared on this site! Thanks to all who participate!

NewlifeVictoria
Jul 03, 2023 2:00 pm
Reply to Justbreathe

Hello and that's very true.

Hope you're having a good day today!

Victoria