Removing Sticker Covers from Convex Barrier Rings with Short Nails and Numb Hands

Replies
Views
kittybou
Dec 06, 2023 12:49 pm

Can someone please give me a helpful hint on how to get the sticker cover off the convex barrier rings? My fingernails are super short and my hands are numb from spine surgery. My dog won't help; he wants to eat them. Cats are absolutely no help. No family or friends near to help. Thank you.

Rose Bud 🌹
Dec 06, 2023 2:13 pm

Every once in a while, mine will stick. After I shape it out to where it needs to be, I'll hold it between my hands to warm it up a little. About 95% of the time, it works. Occasionally, once applied, the top plastic sticker still will stick. Then I just rub my fingers around it and create a ripple in the sticker and slowly pull it off. Wish you luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

kittybou
Dec 06, 2023 2:30 pm
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Thank you so much! 😻

warrior
Dec 06, 2023 2:53 pm

Tweezers, hon.

You have grip and leverage.

Works for me big time.

Morning glory
Dec 06, 2023 3:40 pm

I would use tweezers also.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
AlexT
Dec 06, 2023 4:14 pm

A small knife or scissor blade to slide under it and lift it up to get it started.

kittybou
Dec 06, 2023 5:03 pm
Reply to AlexT

I forgot all about my switchblade!

Thank you! 😸

AlexT
Dec 06, 2023 8:36 pm
Reply to kittybou

Switchblade?…😳

kittybou
Dec 06, 2023 9:21 pm
Reply to AlexT

B.R. Before Rocket. A lady needs protection in this part of the world.

warrior
Dec 07, 2023 4:43 am
Reply to kittybou

Switchblade? 💓💓 That's hot! 😋

IGGIE
Dec 10, 2023 1:47 pm

Check that you haven't got old stock. When they get out of date, the adhesive goes hard and makes it difficult to peel off. Warm it up with a hair dryer, and it should make it easier. Regards, IGGIE