Thank you everyone!

Replies
Views
Kimmy050263

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions, messages and tips!  So many have helped! We are learning as we go, learning the ins and outs of this bag.  I have ordered special tape that does not irritate my skin and now using domboro powder before putting on a new bag.  My boyfriend says that my skin is so much less red! 

Saw an Ostomy nurse today, she said my boyfriend is doing everything right.  One of my issues is that I am really thin and my skin is really crinkly due to the surgery.  We shall see how this bag goes.

This site is a real blessing.  Everyone here is so awesome!

Kim

Kim

warrior

Thank you  Kim ! 🍻we are only as good as our members so remember that🤔 everyone here I'm sure is very eager and happy to help...anyone...any where..  we value your input !!  and we will try our best to answer any question.

this is truly an awesome site with some awesome people.  I'm real proud to be part of it ..

I'm real happy in  some small way that my advice had helped you. keep your chin up. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,607 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Kimmy050263
Reply to warrior

Through everything I have been thru, my fighting spirit has never wavered!  My boyfriend commented to me last night, who would have thought you would wake up from surgery with the bag.  I do not complain, just try to find solutions.  I am learning Ms Ostomy's M.O. LOL  yes, I have named her.  I talk to her many times a day.  She would not let me nap today.  She was quiet and as soon as I laid down to nap, she would go nutso.  Kept having to get up and empty the bag.    

I really am so happy to be able to eat again!  Yeah, spills out through the bag eventually, but I can eat real food again!  Have not really eaten much since early October when this journey began with a hole in my esphogas.

rlevineia

Kimmy, do you "crust" w/ domboro powder?   What brand of tape did you find?  My stoma is named "little buddy"(Gilligan).  When he "barks"(gas) I just reply  "Say, little buddy" -The Captain

Kimmy050263
Reply to rlevineia

Hello Captain and "Little Buddy"!  I do not crust with the domboro, I mix it in with warm water.  After my boyfriend removes the bag, he takes some gauze pads and wipes it all around my belly, where the bag and barrier strips have been.    Is so very soothing!  I will say my belly is becoming much less red when the bag is removed and I am not having as much pain and itchiness with the bag on.  For me, I think the domoboro was perhaps a game changer.

I found a nexcare blue tape on Amazon.  I was out of it when I had to tape myself down a week or so ago until boyfriend could get here.  The other tape makes my belly raw!  But I did what I had to at the time.  I am now stocked up on the blue tape.  

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister