brava rings/seals

Replies
Views
ron in mich

Hi all i recently got a new order of supplies and brava rings were substituted for eakin seals/rings, is there a difference, longer shorter wear time?

Morning glory

I use the brava and like them. Never used the Eakins so I  can't  compare. Let me know how it compares.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,596 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

hey ron..sup?

good  question.

i have both types.

the brava is my standard..as u know its a very good seal.

the eakins is softer more flexible and i was told u can cut to fit stoma size.

i like both. i had to use eakins for a short time and it held up very well.

my stoma enlarged and made sealing difficult with the brava.. i switched and was happy. then the stoma resumed normal size and i went back to brava..

i found no difference using either of them. but that's me..my take on them...

when companies phase out products , we are left in a panic.

it sounds like they switched or phased out your product?? and u are now left with eakins.

is that correct??

AlexT

I’ve only used the Brava rings as samples, so not much experience with them. I started with Eakin rings and they work great, my only complaint is they are stickier to deal with as far as stretching and also to get off. As far as quality for wear time…👍

ron in mich
Reply to warrior

Hi Warrior no my supplier is a local pharmacy and were out of the eakins so they just substituted as they said they wont get eakins in until next week and didnt want to have me go without any.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
JVM261
Reply to warrior

That’s really interesting. I didn’t know that the stoma can get bigger. I was only told that it can shrink. I mean, I see that it changes size even sometimes when I’m changing briefly it does change, but I was told that overtime it will only continue to shrink.

Beachboy

Hmmmm.  Mine got much bigger.  It grows and shrinks during the day.  I'm almost at max diameter cutting a wafer.  

It's become a beast.  I'm going to talk with my surgeon about revision surgery.  But don't want it hacked off so it barely protrudes past my skin level.  

JVM261
Reply to Beachboy

Really, it can get bigger? I thought all this time that the bigger ones (on social media I see influence stoma people) were only because those people have colostomies and not the Ileostomy. I guess I was wrong.

Justbreathe
Reply to Beachboy

Perhaps it’s doing this in anticipation of next years ring toss competition- a form of training if you will…..jb

JVM261

Does it get bigger like wider or bigger like longer? I wouldn’t mind if mine got longer, because then less chance of the output hitting the skin. 

AlexT
Reply to JVM261

Mine has done both. No huge difference but obvious to me. 

PatriciaSz

My skin did not like the Brava protective seals, but they did work for leakage problems. But Eakin are fine and a Godsend for my high output ileostomy.