PU

Replies
Views
Littlemama325

Hey all!  I am new to this site but I am not new to being an ostomy warrior. I’m going on nine years. Anyone have advice or suggestions on how to eliminate order? I’ve tried the adapt from Hollister and that just makes it worse. Any suggestions, besides not eating or drinking the things I love?! 

xnine

M9 drops for bag spray for bathroom

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

TerryLT

Hi Littlemama and welcome to the site.  This topic has been covered extensively in the past few days.  If you just scroll down, you should find lots of info.  Good luck!

Terry

aTraveler

There are no solutions to eliminate odors while eating and drinking what you want. There are many options to reduce odor in addition to Hollister's Adapt, Coloplast has Brava, ConvaTec has Esenta and many other companies provide products.They provide free samples so you can see which one works best for you.

I use Be Free and you can obtain a free sample from:

"https://www.befreetechnologies.com/product-page/be-free-system-liquid-pods"

You can also try 10 - 20 ml of Hydrogen Peroxide -- I use it if I inadvertently run out of Be Free.

Jayne

Interesting ....

I did not know about Hydrogen Peroxide

I don't know about the US - but here in UK marketing of branded products has overtaken the Dry-salter and indeed the informed pharmacist too ..... But I guess if one has the chemical knowledge there is always the base knowledge which of course it going to source - Invaluable!

Thank you for sharing this nugget of info :-) :-)Hydrogen Peroxide

BW

Jayne

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Downtown

I have used hydrogen peroxide for many years.  Works great and it's super cheap!

Morning glory

I never heard  of using hydrogen  peroxide  either. Thanks for the tip. Welcome to the site. 

warrior

M9 works for me.

are u also thinking bag odor osmosis? the stink left after emptying? in bathroom?  or just bag limiting odor?

welcome to the site. 

imsafanwa

Adapt does the job in the bag for me. As for the bathroom stank, a couple of candles help a bunch.

warrior
Reply to imsafanwa

righto on the candles. cheapest..easiest way to freshen air and room. 

bowsprit
Reply to warrior

I always associated candles and candlelight with love and romance. However, as you point out, it has other uses as well. Good idea, perfumed candles to remove odour. 'Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness' (or odour).

warrior

candles burning add a warmth to the room as well.

i have used febreeze plug ins ( waste of money)

i have used battery operated sprayers too..

i have used the vapor type devices that emit a smoke screen.

yes three types of  devices placed in my house and bathroom.

alot of batteries.. alittle over the top too.. but..

nothing beats the candle.. 

🎵🎶and it seems to me.. you live your life...like candle in the loo..🎵🎶

Jayne
Reply to imsafanwa

I was intregiuged by your Profile name - and so looked you up ....

What cars do you race Safanwa?

do you build them?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ waves ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

from UK

BW

Jayne