NEW BAG TAG SNAG

Replies
Views
Justbreathe

Requested a sample of Coloplast product B in picture.  Very streamlined and quite a bit smaller than my current product A in picture.  I am only 5’ tall so this short body loved this smaller pouch.

Coloplast sent me 3 samples with the necessary accessories.  1st day trying it, I thought I had done a decent fit-to-stoma but I ended up being miserable all day and into the night with discomfort around my stoma.  The bag has a tiny peek-a-boo area but very difficult to see what’s going on in there.  My current bag has a very large picture window - basically the entire bag is a peek and you boo bag.  This does allow for preparedness to avoid surprises.  I digress, anyway the next morning I put on my usual equipment.  Great day no problems.  Waited a couple days and thought I’d give the new product another try.  Not much better than day one.  But I am pretty sure I now know why.  The pouch is small and does not retain any air.  It has a small filter, let’s just call it what it is a “smart-fart-filter.”.  Therein lies my dilemma.  With no air in the pouch the output is stifled and creates a ginormous pancake - more like a dang waffle - ouch!  Even trying to coax it downward with no bag air is difficult at best.  With my old apparatus which retains air,  I simply line the inside with a few drops of baby oil and the shizzz goes right to the pouch bottom and rarely cramps my stomas’ style.  So, I had on hand a small enema bulb and I used this to pump some air into the new bag but the smart-fart filter released it…how do I know this you might ask (yes Alex you) well I put baby oil in this new bag and now there is an oil spot on the silky cover directly in line with the filter.  I am not fond of filters - I do understand their job duties are to release those farts and smells but I am not convinced they are a good thing - hence some place a dealer ad on tape to cover them.  But that air aids in pancake drop-downs eliminating backup, discomfort and possible leaks.  Like we all say, “everyone is different - and products work for some but not for others.”  I find this product did not work for me which is very disappointing as it has many great features.   Just thought I’d share - I have seen many complaints about pancaking.   - Keep smilin’ ….jb

Kas

Maybe you could try covering the filter with tape or ask them if they have ones without filters you could sample

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,579 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ben38

As there samples they probably haven't got the white sticky tabs to put over filter you can use sellotape/plasters/gaffer tape or anything similar to put over filter..when the felt biege covers first started being put on bags around 30 years ago I hated them lol I used to tear them of so just tear the felt cover of the front so you can see what's going on if you like  bags that way 

Justbreathe
Reply to Ben38

At the end of the 1st trial day, I did, in fact,  cut away the silky top layer for a better view of my belly moon and behold - not a pretty sight pancaked so badly it looked as though it went thru and around the filter….I have one trial bag left and I will put a sticker on my third try.  Two other downsides for me regarding this particular bag….I swore I got a whiff of output which I have never had (and I do see complaints regarding smells on this site).   The other issue I have is….“dealer ad-ons “ too much paraphernalia to sport a bag.  Give me the simple life.  So far with regards to samples I have tried I end up liking my current equipment the best and it works for me.  I will, however, try new products in search of perfection with minimal equipment.  Mostly my current complaint with my stuff is the floppy out spout.  Respectfully …..jb

Justbreathe
Reply to

🤣Good morning laugh…thanks Jo !  Agree with the mini bag theory for ileostomy - bigger does matter.  As much as I loathe a puffy pouch I prefer a bit of a pillow (air in bag) for the stop, flop and roll shizz fire storm happening in my bag.  jb

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Beth22

Hey they do make them transparent and with no filter if that helps you out. 

Caz67

Hiya JB 

I used to have these and found the same problem pancaking as for the filter they sent stickers but neither use nor ornaments. Xx

Justbreathe
Reply to Beth22

I will inquire when the rep does follow up …thx, jb

Hisbiscus

I'm a dedicated actve life user. I've tried many of the others and always come back for one reason or another. 

The Coloplast mio does have a clear one peice with NO filter that you may want to try. They do not advertise that bag but they do have it if you ask. 

I had issues with the adhesive and with leakage at the bottom velcro closure why i did not keep using. As for the leakage at the closure it could have been a bad batch or defect as many others use without that problem.