Barbie Butt surgery

Replies
Views
Roocat

Hi there, I’m new to this site and from the UK. I had my Barbie butt surgery 5 weeks ago. I had a plastic surgeon perform a flap from my left buttock to use to close the wound. It’s healing well but feels pretty uncomfortable. I can now sit on pressure cushion for 10 mins at a time and can build that up gradually over next few weeks to an hour. Anyone had a procedure the same as this ? Any words of encouragement as to when it will start to feel ‘normal’ and not like I have something wedged in there!!!!!! Thanks x

ron in mich

Hi Roo welcome to the site, i dont think i sat totally upright for any length of time for at least 6mos. when i got my ilieo. and butt removed 30 some years ago.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,610 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus

It takes a long while but it will get better. It was a few months i think. Keep the area clean in hot weather especially I can remember it's been about 5 years or more for me but it's totally good and feels normal there now. Patience.

warrior

At roocat......this flap..was created by a plastic surgeon??

Not your rectal doctor at time of ileo?? 

This puzzles me. Involving a plastic surgeon. 

My rectal doc. Sown both cheeks together like a bridge above the surgery to close rectum. Help it stay intact. Good idea.. mechanically.  Bad idea feeling it while sitting😆😳🤦‍♂️yes..a wedge feel like kinda thing..since ,Oct. 2023 surgery. Just does not feel right..nope..perhaps time will help get used to it..so far..short on time. 😁

Pls. explain how a plastic surgeon gets involved doing something a rectal surgeon have done in the first place?!.

Who came up with this idea?

IGGIE

G-Day Roocat,  I am also trying to work out why you had to have a skin flap to cover the area. I also have a Ken Butt but all he did was stitched the two side together. What was the reason for the Skin Flap??? Regards IGGIE

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister