Barbie Butt Surgery Recovery: Seeking Advice and Encouragement

Replies
Views
Roocat
Apr 20, 2024 11:21 am

Hi there, I'm new to this site and from the UK. I had my Barbie butt surgery 5 weeks ago. I had a plastic surgeon perform a flap from my left buttock to use to close the wound. It's healing well but feels pretty uncomfortable. I can now sit on a pressure cushion for 10 mins at a time and can build that up gradually over the next few weeks to an hour. Anyone had a procedure the same as this? Any words of encouragement as to when it will start to feel β€˜normal' and not like I have something wedged in there? Thanks x

ron in mich
Apr 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Hi Roo, welcome to the site. I don't think I sat totally upright for any length of time for at least 6 months when I got my ileo and butt removed 30 some years ago.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Hisbiscus
Apr 20, 2024 11:46 pm

It takes a long while, but it will get better. It was a few months, I think. Keep the area clean in hot weather especially. I can remember it's been about 5 years or more for me, but it's totally good and feels normal there now. Patience.

warrior
Apr 22, 2024 9:02 am

At Roocat... this flap was created by a plastic surgeon?

Not your rectal doctor at the time of ileo?

This puzzles me. Involving a plastic surgeon.

My rectal doc sewed both cheeks together like a bridge above the surgery to close the rectum. Help it stay intact. Good idea mechanically. Bad idea feeling it while sitting πŸ˜†πŸ˜³πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ Yes, a wedge feels like a kind of thing since October 2023 surgery. Just does not feel right... nope... perhaps time will help get used to it... so far... short on time. 😁

Please explain how a plastic surgeon gets involved doing something a rectal surgeon should have done in the first place?!

Who came up with this idea?

IGGIE
Apr 22, 2024 4:04 pm

G'day Roocat, I am also trying to work out why you had to have a skin flap to cover the area. I also have a Ken Butt, but all he did was stitch the two sides together. What was the reason for the skin flap? Regards, IGGIE

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
Ethelisme2
May 11, 2024 3:46 am
Reply to warrior

Warrior, I am 5 months post-surgery for colostomy and Barbie butt surgery. A plastic surgeon did Barbie butt and a colorectal surgeon did colostomy on me.

warrior
May 11, 2024 3:54 am
Reply to Ethelisme2

Ah, ok... that clears things up... I think... maybe... dunno. Sorry. Never thought a plastic surgeon would be called in on this... but you might have a newer take on this... a new way... the next big thing? I just never thought of it. Glad it worked out for ya.

warrior
May 11, 2024 3:58 am
Reply to IGGIE

Skin flap? A stitch of the two cheeks, you mean? I'm calling it a bridge... a trestle... some kind of skin tag attaching both cheeks, yet low...

Terminology here really trips me up.

Flap blows me away. So Iggie, you and I got this and one other so far.

Do you know the reason behind this being done? I'm thinking to keep rectal stitches intact. Thoughts?

Mrivera8
Jul 01, 2024 3:22 pm

Hi Roocat. I also had this done about 5 weeks ago and am still unable to sit on my bottom. I sit or lie on my sides. I know it's a bit further down the line for you now, but I'm curious if you had a lot of drainage from your bottom at 5 weeks? This is something I'm still dealing with and am wondering if others have had the issue for this long as well. I've been changing gauze about 3-4 times a day.